Lt. Commander
So if you play Temporal Ambassador as a Romulan, will you be rescuing one of the ships that bravely annihilated the colony of Klingon scum on Narenda III?

Captain Tomalak, a dashing young officer, tells you this heart-wrenching story of how they were just about to finish the job when some tiny ship of no-good do-gooders from the Federation showed up and opened fire on them! One dinky little ship against four warbirds! It was the most annoying thing _ever_.

"Anyway, turns out Federation ships blow up just as well as Klingon! Then we fell into this damnable vortex..."
Career Officer
# 2
04-21-2013, 02:02 PM
one thing confused me about the kdf temporal ship is the fact that in the future the klingons will join the federation in an alliance, probably a member on the federation council, which means klingon will probably be incoperating their own design ideas with federation engineers to come up with new technology. it would also mean a seperate klingon inspired timeship wouldnt make sens with a much larger federation and starfleet in the alpha quadrant.

but i digress, the romulans can be easily added to that mix, i suspect the ship that would be added as a commander level reward would be the ancient d7 cruiser .
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T5 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T5 ship.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
04-21-2013, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post
one thing confused me about the kdf temporal ship is the fact that in the future the klingons will join the federation in an alliance, probably a member on the federation council, which means klingon will probably be incoperating their own design ideas with federation engineers to come up with new technology. it would also mean a seperate klingon inspired timeship wouldnt make sens with a much larger federation and starfleet in the alpha quadrant.

but i digress, the romulans can be easily added to that mix, i suspect the ship that would be added as a commander level reward would be the ancient d7 cruiser .
While off-topic, it is relevant to this post.

The Klingons would probably later be in a strong ally. The only thing we've seen for sure in Canon is Korrath creating the Time tech used by Admiral Janeway to go back in time. What we see in that episode is that there are tight friendly relations (enough for time tech to be available to be shared - thanks to fundamental work by Miral Paris) but still retain their unique culture and aesthetics.

As a result I'd see it more of a tight ally (with tech sharing agreements and such) than any real incorporation into the Federation.
Career Officer
# 4
04-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Remember, you will be playing a member of the Republic, an opposing faction to Sela, the Tal'Shiar and all they stand for... They reject the old ways of the Empire, so going back and saving the Enterprise is no issue, in fact it should be a motivator for the mission if you play within the Lore presented to us...

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-21-2013, 10:47 PM
Hah-hah, I suppose even a bad Romulan might not have a problem with the mission as written.

"Welp, to save all of history, I've just got to get a shipload of Starfleet officers killed by my fellow Romulans. I'm there!"

Until the question of whether or not there was a Hobus in that timeline comes up...
Commander
# 6
04-22-2013, 01:27 AM
I'm currently working on a series based on the future around the 'Temporal Integrity Commission' as opposed to Starfleet.
Doing my research it looks like the UFP/KE prefer the utilisations of T.Ships while the Romulans prefer Temporal Agents, even being major players in the Temporal Cold War... That apparantly never happened lol

If they didn't get their own ship, maybe a Temporal Ground Set is in order, utilising the Kit and upcoming tricorder slots as well as the shield, armour and weapon slots.
If they did get a ship, perhaps it could be a part of the Romulan Republic while Temporal agents are a part of the Romulan Empire.
This split up Romulan power would be reminiscent of the aftermath of the Roman Empires fall and a good plot point as to why the Romulans start using Temporal agents, to reintegrate the Romulan people into one power.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Lt. Commander
# 7
04-22-2013, 01:49 AM
In the current version on Tribble, you actually are given a reason (pay attention to what Drake says if you ask him to tell you about himself, since I'm fairly sure that hasn't been changed) - keeping in mind that there's no reason for anyone involved (except for Pastak, who doesn't get involved until the very end) to know about the Hobus (none of you appear to actually remember the real timeline, and Tasha and Castillo weren't even around in 2409 anyway), giving the Romulans a better chance of not being conquered by the Dominion (very likely a pretty harsh conquest, given that the Klingons were mentioned in the same sentence, and Qo'noS is a blast zone).
What doesn't make sense is that Tasha thinks you are a Starfleet officer if you are a Fed-aligned Romulan (why would she? You are still a Romulan, and she wouldn't remember the timeline in which you are Fed-aligned - and you still weren't a Starfleet officer), or for that matter that it is Starfleet that sends you to the Azure Nebula rather than the Romulan Republic (given that the Azure Nebula is in Tau Dewa).