Survivor of Romulus
# 11
04-21-2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
No offense taken, but this doesn't affect all players -- just a small amount.

If simply rebuilding it was a viable solution, we would have done it, but from what I know (and I am no web developer), it's not that simple.

If you are experiencing this issue, please mention in your email support ticket that you are and the GM team may be able to manually resolve it per user.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Good glad no offense was taken.

From the time I saw your last post until now is when I was checking all the coding which is thousands upon thousands of lines of code. IF I had started with the simplest solution which is the one I outlined below, it would have taken me 5 mins. Just for the record I haven't touched html code in years and I was able to find this, and tested it several, several times and it worked every time.

Brandon please pass this on to the web developer(s)

line 293 of the Star Trek Online Free-to-Play.htm is trying to redirect to the support page. By redirecting it keeps us logged in when it switches to the support page. The code that checks to see if you're logged in and switches to the support page is faulty and that's what is causing the redirect loop.

The simpliest work around until they can get the login redirect code fixed would be to change the link in the above mentioned line 293 from:

https://support.perfectworld.com/ci/...ect/home/p_li/

to

https://support.perfectworld.com/

----------

The only effect this would change would be that we would have to login again on the support page. Again this could be a perm change or until they correct the login coding.

----------

Hope this helps

EDIT: @Brandon: Just incase you didn't know you can press f12 in google chrome to bring up the code of a website and you can also right click on a blank portion of a website and save a copy of the coding. Because as you said you're not a web developer I just wanted to let you know there was nothing illegal in my obtaining and/or searching the code.

Last edited by voicesdark; 04-21-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Career Officer
# 12
04-21-2013, 05:33 PM
This is what I got from Google Chrome, the browser I use when I tried to use support:

This webpage has a redirect loop
The webpage at https://support.perfectworld.com/ci/...9zZWNyZXRfa2V5 has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

This was what I got today.
PLEASE fix the Dauntless. See suggestion below
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
how to make it too good (10/10)- if the LT tac was uni, it would probably be a 9/10, an extra LT eng or sci would have wonderful usefulness. this actually sorta, kinda, NEEDS to happen. 10/10 would make the LTC universal instead.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 13
04-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
Snip
Thanks! I'll pass it along

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 14
04-21-2013, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Thanks! I'll pass it along

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
And what pray tell are you doing in the office today young man ?
PLEASE fix the Dauntless. See suggestion below
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
how to make it too good (10/10)- if the LT tac was uni, it would probably be a 9/10, an extra LT eng or sci would have wonderful usefulness. this actually sorta, kinda, NEEDS to happen. 10/10 would make the LTC universal instead.
Career Officer
# 15
04-21-2013, 06:53 PM
submitted an email :| difficult stuff
Join Date. Dec 2007
The Original Novastar
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
04-26-2013, 05:56 PM
yeah i have an issue with "perfect world" support system.. for some unknown reason my account got suspended for 72 hours.. no e-mail explaining why.. nothing from their end whatsoever.. i submitted a support ticket and it i got a reply back saying that they will get to me in 3-4 business days.. all i did was do my crystalline dailys on my 3 main fed toons then it forcibly disconnects me from the server when i tried to log back in it says i have been suspended for 72 hours.. thanks perfect world, suspend your lifetime players and don't even give them a way to resolve the issue or even find out WHY!?!?! take a lesson from battle.net and get a freaking customer support PHONE LINE!!!! I know you think that the webpage support system is "working" well its not.. your players are getting pissed off and soon you won't have many players left.. i'm going back to battle.net at least i can actually talk to someone on their end and get issues resolved quickly and not have to wait for a support ticket response while i cant even play the game.. this will teach me to get lifetime memberships to corporations that don't give a rats @$$ about their players..