Empire Veteran
# 1 Romulan Eagles and Uniforms
04-21-2013, 09:17 AM
So, the Republic apparently has a new variant of the Romulan Eagle insignia, (visible in the Command Center,) which has a single head. Shouldn't this be on their ships and possibly uniforms? (It looks pretty cool, so that would be nice.)

Also, although the Rom/Fed and Rom/KDF uniforms are cool, why would the Republic issue different uniforms to captains attached to Fed/KDF? Did I miss something in the story?
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-21-2013, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
Shouldn't this be on their ships and possibly uniforms?
No thank you. I don't like romulan republic and I don't want their bird to crap on my ship or my uniforms.
I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
Empire Veteran
# 3
04-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Er, doesn't that make it hard to serve in their navy?
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Republic Veteran
# 4
04-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiat007 View Post
No thank you. I don't like romulan republic and I don't want their bird to crap on my ship or my uniforms.
Well he said no so we can't get it damn.....Oh wait

I for one would like them on my ship and uniform like how the FED and KDF do....and just like them you can take it off.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Republic Veteran
# 5
04-21-2013, 02:40 PM
I, too, was wondering why we can't display the New Romulan Republic standard on out ships. Hopefully we can, in the future.

Quote:
Also, although the Rom/Fed and Rom/KDF uniforms are cool, why would the Republic issue different uniforms to captains attached to Fed/KDF? Did I miss something in the story?
Potential explanation: Probably not the Republic itself handing out the uniforms per se, could simply be either Starfleet or the KDF providing uniform bits to you as part of your aide agreement, or your captains themselves whipping up new uniforms with the proper faction-styled trimmings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiat007 View Post
Then I guess you're not gonna be playing a Romulan at all, since all Player Character Romulan captains are automatically marked as New Republic Romulans.
Formerly GT-01. Runnin' a small lite-RP casual fleet called "The Voyagers"! Message me in-game at either Salen@GT01 or Xavok@GT01 if yer interested.
Here's my neat Idea's Thread.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
Then I guess you're not gonna be playing a Romulan at all, since all Player Character Romulan captains are automatically marked as New Republic Romulans.
My ship proudly bears I.R.W. in its name.
Captain
# 7
04-21-2013, 04:22 PM
People who actually say out loud "I'm not going to use this so no one else should have access to it either" as some sort of logic in a game design discussion are the absolute worst.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
# 8
04-21-2013, 05:38 PM
By all means it should be an option... so those loyal to the Star Empire will know which traitors to hunt down and burn alive.
Leave nerfing to the professionals.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Optional, definitely. But I do hope there will be some original Romulan iconography as well for those of us who prefer the proper Romulan Star Empire.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Er, doesn't that make it hard to serve in their navy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
Guys, I'm going to tell you a secret, just don't tell it to anyone, ok? I'll join the RR only to spy on them for the RSE military intelligence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
I for one would like them on my ship and uniform like how the FED and KDF do....and just like them you can take it off.
You can't take logo off your ship, you can only replace it with your fleet logo and some fleets have even worse logo than the RR.

As an option they can add anything, I don't mind, more options is always better, but they should also allow us not to display any logos on our ships.
I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
where R.S.E. is what it always should be.