Career Officer
# 21
04-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
I get that different captains are in their own universe, and that the Republic has many 'uniforms'. But why distinct Rom/KDF vs Rom/Fed variants? That is the question. Seems odd.
No matter what side you align yourself with, you'll still also have access to the standard Romulan Republic uniforms, in addition to the faction variants.

You should be grateful that your allies have provided access to their top secret tailors!
Captain
# 22
04-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
Everyone should wear, by default, the standard 2409 uniform, and there should be a handful of variants- skirt as opposed to pants, open collar closed collar, and dress. That's it.
NO! NOOOOOO!!!

There's a reason why I wear DS9 uniforms only.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Ensign
# 23
04-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Well, it's true that the uniform style changed over time, and occasionally there was some overlap. There were also different types of uniform (dress, etc). All totally okay.

Captain Picard never ran around in a short skirt though and Captain Janeway never dressed up like Captain Kirk.

Everyone should wear, by default, the standard 2409 uniform, and there should be a handful of variants- skirt as opposed to pants, open collar closed collar, and dress. That's it.
I would assume during new uniform rollout, there would be a bufffer time given so that the change can be phased in/out. when major corperations of this era do new uniform rollouts, its common practice to give a week or two to adapt the new style. this is a period where both uniforms are acceptable, so that the change has time to span the company. starfleet is much larger, so it would be reasonable to assume it would give a half a year to a year to adust. that's what i guessed when the ent d in generations had tng and voy uniforms mixed. that movie was aroynd the time voy was started.
it helps the viewer be aware of what approx time this all took place in relation to the other shows. the dominion war started around the first contact movie, so they changed to that uniform. to reflect that.
Captain
# 24
04-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
NO! NOOOOOO!!!

There's a reason why I wear DS9 uniforms only.
The DS9 uniform seems to have only been issued to Starbases, ships and Stafleet Command used the 2nd TNG uniform.

Except Voyager ... DAMN YOU!
Former Star Trek Online Player
Empire Veteran
# 25
04-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
The DS9 uniform seems to have only been issued to Starbases, ships and Stafleet Command used the 2nd TNG uniform.

That's because the standard uniforms where not supposed to arrive until Tuesday, so they had to borrow some of DS9s before heading out.
"We are the United Federation of Planets and we come in peace....unless you have something we want, or refuse to join us, then you have no choice."
Better dead then Fed!
Career Officer
# 26
04-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Also on players avatars when you click on someone to see their Biography and etc... The logo shows the RSE one and not the Republic one seen in the Command Center on New Romulus. If we are with the Republic shouldn't that be changed? Or, like in the other factions, display a logo of our class (Sci/Eng/Tac)?

Last edited by garakfan84; 04-24-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 27
04-24-2013, 12:21 PM
And D'Tan himself is wearing the imperial version...maybe he's Tal Shiar?
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
04-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
So, the Republic apparently has a new variant of the Romulan Eagle insignia, (visible in the Command Center,) which has a single head. Shouldn't this be on their ships and possibly uniforms? (It looks pretty cool, so that would be nice.)

Also, although the Rom/Fed and Rom/KDF uniforms are cool, why would the Republic issue different uniforms to captains attached to Fed/KDF? Did I miss something in the story?
I HATE that fed and KDF ships have logos forced on them. I wish we had an option to have plain hulls with no UFP,KDF or fleet badges on them. I also don't want badges or insignias on my uniforms. If they did add Romulan insignias to the ships I hope it's optional because I for one will not be sporting it.

As far as your second point, nowhere in the story does it say that the Republic is the one that issues your alliance uniform. It's simply a cool unlock you get. If you want to put it in the context of the story, I can totally see Romulans wearing uniforms with motifs that reflect their alliance. Obviously a Romulan working with Starfleet would have access to materials issued by Starfleet, and available to Federation worlds like the bracers w/ the LCARS on them. Likewise, Romulans working with Klingons would have access to Klingon shoulder pads, bracers and other parts that Klingon citizens and officers might use.

Quote:
Well, it's true that the uniform style changed over time, and occasionally there was some overlap. There were also different types of uniform (dress, etc). All totally okay.

Captain Picard never ran around in a short skirt though and Captain Janeway never dressed up like Captain Kirk.

Being part of a fleet that changes uniforms every chance we get I will highly disagree with you. It's a game and people should be allowed to express themselves creatively. People should also be allowed to make their character as personal as possible instead of being forced to look like what others think they should look like.

Last edited by wilv; 04-24-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Career Officer
# 29
04-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post

The crew of the Enterprise-D wore a mix of the TNG and early DS9/Voyager uniforms in Generations, which was kinda odd, and when you think about it kind of lends canonical credence to the weird mishmash of uniforms in-game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfs5519 View Post
I would assume during new uniform rollout, there would be a bufffer time given so that the change can be phased in/out.
I really wouldn't think so, with replication technology, but the evidence points to you being right.
Commander
# 30
04-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Quote:
If you want a good shot of it, go to your ship interior and visit the main deck. Look behind the bar.
Yep! That's where I got the current aquila I have in my sig. Still tweaking the original for better resolution.

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1 Playtester