Lieutenant
# 11
04-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Also, I'm personally of the opinion that the Rom faction missions should give you Romulan Marks, with it explicitly outlined that these are something you get to spend when you hit 50. It doesn't have to be a lot, just enough that when you get to 50, you feel like your work for the republic meant something. For Equity, Klinks and Feds should have their own rep system that their lowbie missions award progress for. Maybe a war front rep system or something, since that's been floated before.
Captain
# 12
04-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I think it's stupid having Romulans do Romulan Reputation.
Considering who owns the company, I think it makes perfect sense.
Captain
# 13
04-21-2013, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Considering who owns the company, I think it makes perfect sense.
But it's so *puts on sunglasses* Cryptic.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !!
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
04-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavensrun View Post
Also, I'm personally of the opinion that the Rom faction missions should give you Romulan Marks, with it explicitly outlined that these are something you get to spend when you hit 50. It doesn't have to be a lot, just enough that when you get to 50, you feel like your work for the republic meant something. For Equity, Klinks and Feds should have their own rep system that their lowbie missions award progress for. Maybe a war front rep system or something, since that's been floated before.
They could link the Federation and Klingon missions to Task Force Omega, since it's a cooperative effort of the two powers anyway.
Rihannsu
# 15
04-22-2013, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavensrun View Post
Not to mention you FOUND New Romulus for them in the FIRST place.
Not really, they knew it was there, they just sent you to do the grunt work of seeing if it was habitable.
"If you didn't want to get yelled at by a bunch of crazy nerds you shouldn't have posted on the forums"
"Bacon tastes so much better marinated in vegan tears"
Better dead then Fed!
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
04-22-2013, 04:40 AM
maybe romulans get fed/kdf reputation instead and go to first city to stamp tribbles and tell orion women to put some clothes on

or go to ESD and clear epoah out of the air ducts
Empire Veteran
# 17
04-22-2013, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudoku7 View Post
I am wondering though if the New Rom Reputation missions are different for Romulans.
Bunny tagging for all!

But I could see giving Romulan characters a pile of Romulan Marks when they hit 50, and D'Tan basically thanking them for their previous contributions while handing them a pile of tags...
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
04-22-2013, 08:07 AM
I like the notion of receiving Romulan marks for Romulan arc missions, but I think it may be more reliable (and reasonable) to link them to your promotion missions rather than scattering them throughout the story arc missions; you are being recognized for your accomplishments by the Romulan military at those times (even if all you actually did "for the Republic" was to run off to an exploration zone and grind 45 levels there).

By the same token, New Romulus rep represents time you've invested in improving the security of the planet and its environs, not the Republic as a whole. The missions we've been given so far have us investigating security breeches and weapons smuggling, recruitment, etc., while ferreting out and thwarting plots by the Tal Shiar. None of this directly builds up New Romulus or deals with immediate threats such as marauding bands of Nausicaans/Tholians/Rebel Klingons/Tal Shiar threatening the worlds and colonies surrounding New Romulus. In addition, when grinding New Romulus rep, you're not acting as an agent of the Republic, but as a Liaison for the Republic and their ally, strengthening those diplomatic ties. I'm okay with getting little to no leg up with New Romulus rep as a Romulan. At least with the story as it is so far, anyways.

If a new mission comes out that has us saving everybody on New Romulus, well, then I'd be justifiably confused as to why they've never heard of me come lvl 50...
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
04-22-2013, 08:24 AM
This is an interesting point you have Raised OP. I assume one unlock the tier system as you progress through your story arc. So by the time you hit vice admiral you would have max it out. I can't see a Romulan toon doing the same thing that the other faction toon are doing just increase their standing with Romulan republic. It wouldn't make any sense just go and do the same thing.
"You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
04-22-2013, 08:25 AM
It's "New Romulus" reputation, not "Romulan Republic" reputation.

Raptr profile