Ensign
Hi,
just to be sure, boffs can only be discharged or can they be returned to the candidates list?

It's time to reorganize my crew. I'm fond of my original boffs, but now I have several blue and purple candidates.

What is the actual difference between common and rare boffs? It seems they all can learn the same abilities. Should I always prefer blue/purple boffs and train them into the abilities I want?

Boffs used for training can only teach one of their abilities, then they are gone, right?

Are boff skill points earned indefinitely throughout the game? Is there a cap?

Thank you,
RAdm Lurak
Commander
# 2
04-23-2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurka72 View Post
Hi,
just to be sure, boffs can only be discharged or can they be returned to the candidates list?
Only discharged.
It's time to reorganize my crew. I'm fond of my original boffs, but now I have several blue and purple candidates.

What is the actual difference between common and rare boffs? It seems they all can learn the same abilities. Should I always prefer blue/purple boffs and train them into the abilities I want?
Usually their traits are superior on rare boffs.
Boffs used for training can only teach one of their abilities, then they are gone, right?
Right
Are boff skill points earned indefinitely throughout the game? Is there a cap?
There is no cap
Thank you,
RAdm Lurak
Answers in red.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-23-2013, 06:24 PM
I'd hold off.

They are making some changes over on tribble (ROM).
Ensign
# 4
04-24-2013, 06:50 AM
Ok, I can wait until the coming of the Romulans. Is the Boff and Doff system identical for all factions?

Thank you,
VAdm Lurak
Captain
# 5
04-24-2013, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurka72 View Post
Ok, I can wait until the coming of the Romulans. Is the Boff and Doff system identical for all factions?

Thank you,
VAdm Lurak
The exact officers you can get and the assignments available vary across the factions, but the mechanics behind how the system works is the same.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
04-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Its not only the quality of the Boff (white to purple) that matter but the traits weigh heavily. Saurians, as an example, have the efficiency trait that will boost your ships power levels which maybe more useful to you than a Telarite which offers no space kills.

At this point only Romulans, Humans, and Saurians offer space skills of varying usefulness and quality.

I almost forgot the female Borg, she can be purchased at the Zen; she has the Efficient trait.
"Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp