Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
I noticed the Romulan Plasma only has 2 modifiers, though it does have two procs, but it makes me wonder if going with an Advanced Fleet plasma dmg x 3 would be better than worrying about the disruptor proc on the Rom Plasma.

Has anybody done any number hasing?

I still intend to get the romulan set of modules for the increased plasma damage, but I am unsure on the RomPlasma vs Fleet Plasma issue.
Lieutenant
# 2
04-22-2013, 07:18 AM
I didn't conduct tests personally, but the following seems to be right:
For a weapon with 1 modifier, the best mod, dps wise is:
1.CrtH
2.Acc
3.CrtD
...(I'd like to emphasize here the difference between Dmg and CrtD)
4.Dmg
Weapons with multiple modifiers (and generally high CrtH and Crt Severity) seem to benefit most from CrtH and CrtD.
The plasma proc is insignificant really.. but the disruptor proc is great... (The best proc for PvE IMHO)
Captain
# 3
04-22-2013, 07:20 AM
disruptor was the highest dps weapon out there before romulan plasma came out. now you have plasma weapon dmg boosts with the ability to do the disruptor proc. no need to do the math here
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Career Officer
# 4
04-22-2013, 07:36 AM
i dont think its that ovious because the dmg loss on the romulan plasma weapons is quite considerate so my feeling said that they are almost identical in their dmg potential.

they got a little difference in the color at least it seems to me they have and i liek my romulan beams better but thats just me. Also, not everyone has a fleet where he can buy fleet weapons so for fleetless players romulan beams are great
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-22-2013, 07:58 AM
I still think antiprotons are better than disruptors, but, if you don't like them:

Pure Disrutptors would be the best choice, due to their proc.

Romulan Plasma are great because you can have the Disruptors proc and plasma type (so you can buff with Embassy sci consoles if you like), plus you can equip the romulan prototype beam array (which is great for beam boats).

But if you don't want embassy sci consoles, advanced fleet disruptors (or elite fleet disruptors are better).
Captain
# 6
04-22-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm working on a plasma beam array only ship for the hell of it.

I'm trying to decide if I want to go with the Romulan plasma arrays or the Advanced fleet arrays ([acc]x2).

From what my fleetmate tells me, though I can't say for sure, Romulan plasmas have less DOT but higher damage.

With that info, I'm still not sure what I want to go with.
Lieutenant
# 7
04-22-2013, 09:30 AM
The [Dmg] modifier does affect the plasma dot, but as I've already said it's insignificant.
Commander
# 8
04-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengerkid1993 View Post
I still think antiprotons are better than disruptors, but, if you don't like them:

Pure Disrutptors would be the best choice, due to their proc.

Romulan Plasma are great because you can have the Disruptors proc and plasma type (so you can buff with Embassy sci consoles if you like), plus you can equip the romulan prototype beam array (which is great for beam boats).

But if you don't want embassy sci consoles, advanced fleet disruptors (or elite fleet disruptors are better).
You were correct up until that last sentence. Get standard Mk XII purple disruptors with [CrtD]x3 or [crtH][crtd]x2 if your natural crit chance isnt high enough. This will greatly outperform any advanced fleet weapon.
__________________________________________________ __
Pay no attention to the dates and titles under my name at the left! I am a Career Officer, Lifetime Sub since launch, was in the Beta. Having problems with my forum account.
Lieutenant
# 9 romulan > fleet
04-22-2013, 09:59 AM
You should only use advanced fleet weapons until you can afford the better ones. Advanced fleet weapons are nice b/c they are cheap and depending on your fleet, easy to acquire.

I was a big damage modifier guy until recently, when I was shown the light. Damage is not what you want to stack. You get much better results by stacking critd, crit, or even acc.

With plasma weapons this is the order you should follow, if you can skip and go right for the dual proc weapons that would be ideal.

1) MK 11 rare weapons

2) Fleet Advanced Weapons

3) Mk 12 vr weapons with crtd x2 and crit

4) Romulan plasma weapons with crtd x2
Captain
# 10
04-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Its REAL close, since basically you're comparing a [dmg]x2 mod versus the disruptor proc. The proc is probably better since it helps you and your whole team and lasts a full 15 seconds, and the Rom beams just look cooler. That said, is it worth almost 3 times the dil cost (assuming you have surplus fleet credits anyways)? That cost vs value decision is what really makes it, and varies player to player (for me it was just too pricey).