Ensign
# 1 What is this?
04-23-2013, 06:09 AM
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4RS...it?usp=sharing
What are the white areas on this picture?
What ever they are, they bring my game to a screaching halt when i view them, even at lowest graphical setting.
If i change the view so they are not on-screen, everything runs smoothly(above 30fps).
I've only seen them in Borg Incursions(Red Alerts), this particular one is from Regulus.
Is there anything i can do to lessen this, short of buying a better graphics card?

Thank you in advance.
Career Officer
# 2
04-23-2013, 06:17 AM
I have seen them. They are a tool of torture trademarked by the developers of Cryptic, or something. they are a pest and plague, even for a very decent graphics card.
they should simply be removed. If entering an area with them. there is only one trick in my book. Keep your back at them. Oh, by the way, with said decent graphics card,, all they do to your eyes are burning them. Like staring at the sun on a hot summerday at noon. Awful in many ways.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Ensign
# 3
04-23-2013, 06:42 AM
It's good to know that i'm not alone with this issue, and that throwing money after it doesn't necessarily help alleviate the problem

Again thanks for the reply.

Hope they think to remove it or fix it somehow.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-23-2013, 08:14 AM
Devs have been working to remove these. There used to be a lot more of them. Especially the Mirror Universe invasion event, that used to be white blobs EVERYWHERE.