Starfleet Veteran
I'd totally love the Ferengi lock box ship with Ferengi crew etc...
Now the question is, I currently have 80 lockbox keys.. Should I open lockboxes in the hopes I get lucky, or should I sell the keys and get the ship from the exchange?

I know it's a gamble, and I like a gamble - but what are the odds?
I'm guessing even with 80 keys, they won't be in my favour?
Lieutenant
# 2
04-19-2013, 01:14 PM
I have personally opened over 80 Ferengi lock boxes and have not received the D'Kora. I do have over 400 lobis, but you can't buy the D'Kora from the store. Best bet, save your money and buy it off the exchange.

But, gambling is fun. You never know what the box holds.
Captain
# 3
04-19-2013, 01:17 PM
The Ferengi ship is only available from the Ferengi lockbox. Opening a million of the current lockbox still wouldn't do you any good. If you want a D'kora, currently the only option is the buy it off the Exchange for around 90 million.

If you have 80 keys however, you can sell them for like 1.5 million each, buy your Marauder, and have 30 million or 20 keys leftover.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
04-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the replies!

Meant to say I got a ton of of the older lockboxes on a different character so problem there.
(Unless, you mean that even if you open a Ferengi lock box now, it would still be treated as a Dominion lockbox?)

But sounds to me like straight up selling the keys and buying is the way to go..
Lieutenant
# 5
04-19-2013, 01:27 PM
Check out the prices of those older boxes on the exchange. You may be able to make a lot of ec's from them. I sold Cardassian boxes last week at 100,000 per.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
04-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Wow, I'll do that! Thanks.
I got a shed load of Cardassian. Well, all of them.
Captain
# 7
04-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Erm ... I'm going to suggest you open boxes for it. Yes, you could sell the keys and still have some left over, but that assumes you'll sell all your keys. There are A LOT of other people selling them too.

By opening the LB, you'll get your hands on A LOT of other stuff you could sell as well, THEN you'll also get a range of between 320 - 1210 Lobi. Maaaybe somewhere in there will be the ship you want.

If not, I'll wager you get enough other stuff to buy the ship off the Exchange anyway AND you may actually get to use some of the things you opened: the bonus pools, duty officers, deflectors and armor and the Lobi may help get other neat as well.

Either way its a gamble. I'd open boxes.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Lieutenant
# 8
04-21-2013, 08:26 AM
if you want the ferengi ship that bad, buy it off of the exchange. I love the lockboxes, don't get me wrong, but if I had to rely on the luck factor I'd never get anything.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-23-2013, 05:22 PM
Buy it.

I also want this ship and a month ago I started to save 70EC. Then I saw the prices kept going up and up. I realized I'd have to change my playstyle (fun versus EC) and abandoned the pursuit at 30EC.

Keys are just to have fun.
Career Officer
# 10
04-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Buy on the Exchange. You could easily spend more using those damn keys than you could selling them to get the EC to just buy it.

If you ONLY want the ship, buy it. But...If you want the consoles and weapons from the lobi store that go with the Ferengi ship, then you're stuck opening boxes. There'd be a microscopically small chance you'll get the ship while you are accruing lobi crystals.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Last edited by dracounguis; 04-23-2013 at 08:13 PM.