Survivor of Romulus
# 31
04-27-2013, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by origcaptainquack View Post
I was going to go to the convention, then as I was reading about the events. the one I was most interested in was the costume perade. turns out it is not a parade, it is a costume contest being held in the theatre. its basically the only reason I was going, was to watch a star trek parade. sitting in back of a theatre seeing people dressed in characters don't do it for me.
the other thought is spending at least 25 dollars to look at vendors merchandise that I can purchase when I can see it online to purchase through the star trek store. yes others will sell collectibles for outrageous money but I wouldn't think about purchasing that or could I afford it.
the thing I will miss out on the most is the items from sto but you have to email a pic to someone and hope they don't screw it up to get the items. makes getting the item more harder then needs to be, certainly not worth the aggravation.
bottom line not attending convention.
congrats to everyone that is going and hope you enjoy yourselves.
Seems like an odd reason not to go to a ST Con, but whatever floats your boat. However, the way I understand it is that the participants will line up in the lobby, and parade to the ballroom for the costume contest.
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Fleet Commander maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

Career Officer
# 32
04-27-2013, 07:13 AM
ravin, if your correct that would be cool, but that's not what I am reading
3:30 pm Costume Contest! Star Trek fans get to use their creativity and skills by entering the famous Star Trek Costume Contest. This year, along with a $250 gift certificate for best costume, we are offering an additional gift certificate prize of $200 for best STAR TREK DS9 costume!

from http://creationent.com/cal/st_philly.html
Survivor of Romulus
# 33
04-27-2013, 06:09 PM
Yeah, that didn't happen. They lined them up on one side of the ballroom, and brought them up 10 at a time. The winner was a woman dressed as Kai Opaca, 2nd went to a young girl in a very convincing borg costume, and 3rd was a girl dressed like seven of nine.
12th Fleet

Captain
# 34
04-27-2013, 07:46 PM
I cheered pretty loudly for Kai Opaka. It was a good costume. And she had her own orb of the prophets. Considering it was a DS9 themed con, she totally knocked it out of the park. But the Andorians who were around the con but not in the contest, were freakin amazing as well.

Oh yeah ... I went! And won round three of the Yes-No Trivia contest! It was a blast! And I got my picture taken with Avery Brooks.

This con was the breath of fresh air and fun I've needed the past few months. So wow.
Survivor of Romulus
# 35
04-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Ok, so the codes were handed out, I redeemed it through "My Account," now how do I claim it ingame? I went to the C-Store to "Legacy Unlocks" and it's not there.
12th Fleet

Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 36
04-29-2013, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin View Post
Ok, so the codes were handed out, I redeemed it through "My Account," now how do I claim it ingame? I went to the C-Store to "Legacy Unlocks" and it's not there.
There was a link accompanied with your code with redemption and claiming instructions Here it is again: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=30

Chees,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Romulus
# 37
04-29-2013, 03:23 PM
Edited because I derped. Did not read instructions carefully
12th Fleet

Last edited by ravin; 04-29-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 38
04-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Never mind, I was under the wrong tab. Love you Brandon.
12th Fleet