Career Officer
# 1 Romulans or Baku?
04-22-2013, 12:00 PM
{REDACTED}

I have removed my comments from this thread as all it was doing was inciting a lot of rage and rudeness.

I apologize to the community and Cryptic for giving honest feedback.

Hope you all enjoy Legacy of Romulus, so far I have not.
------------------------------------------------------------------
cpt.william2

Last edited by cptwilliam2; 04-22-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
04-22-2013, 12:13 PM
I guess losing your homeworld and billions of your people might change your perspective on things.

Last edited by captrott1; 04-22-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Career Officer
# 3
04-22-2013, 12:16 PM
{redacted}.
cpt.william2

Last edited by cptwilliam2; 04-22-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
04-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptwilliam2 View Post
Change your perspective, absolutely.

But, losing just you homeplanet which would be equivalent to a major city in a current country, would not suddenly turn everyone into farmers who also have naval battleships.
They had a single, what 150 year old, small warbird that is perfectly well explained in the story if you actually bother to play?
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
04-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
They had a single, what 150 year old, small warbird that is perfectly well explained in the story if you actually bother to play?
And it barely worked - the first thing you do is scavenge parts to get it working, and in the next few missions your new boffs join and complain about how broken things still are and how lucky you are that you didn't blow yourself up yet.

Homeworlds are more than a city. Most of the colonies shown in the shows had hundreds, sometimes a few thousand inhabitants. Even a population in the millions, the size of a large city on the affiliated homeworld, was reserved for very long established colonies.

The equivalent on Earth of what happened to Romulus would be destroying Europe, Asia, Africa, North and South America, and just leaving the islands. Just think about that for a moment, a world where Australia and New Zealand is 90% of the population. Most navies would still be there, minus the ones that were in port during the destruction. They'd just be there, floating around without much left worth fighting over. Give it 40 years and you would have a lot of naval ships sitting derelict offshore of the farming communities that absorbed their crews.

Last edited by hevach; 04-22-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 6
04-22-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:

But, losing just you homeplanet which would be equivalent to a major city in a current country, would not suddenly turn everyone into farmers who also have naval battleships.

I don't know any city on Earth with 6 billion people.

Republic Veteran
# 7
04-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:

Losing Romulus and Remus would be more like the U.S. losing Washington D.C... Not just Los Angeles or New York. They are thrown into severe and dire conflicts because not only did they lose their home-world, in that they also lost the seat of their Government.

Yes, there are other Romulan Colony worlds where they already had farmers... but with Sela and the Tal Shiar having no Senate to reign them in at all.. they've gone out and royally screwed with the "rest of us". Think the Nazi SS, or the Russian KGB overthrowing their Government and taking over.

And, yes.. they had access to a "naval battleship" .. a 150 year old ship that they had to salvage parts for before they could fully function.

Jolan'tru
Career Officer
# 8
04-22-2013, 12:41 PM
{redacted}
cpt.william2

Last edited by cptwilliam2; 04-22-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
04-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Actually, as you'll recall, it doesn't put up much of a fight against anything until after you get back to the Flotilla, who let you know they're repairing and upgrading it before they send you off. And even then, the first battleship you face is scaled up closer to a dreadnought and you're given a fleet of little ships like yours to deal with it.

They do a pretty good job using design and mission flow rather than balance to separate your civilian rustbucket from the regular military ships the other factions start with, both of which do stand up to battleships out-of-the-box.
Republic Veteran
# 10
04-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Okay, so its old, just like if i were to find an old sailing ship and in a few minutes toss some metal and guns on that sucker, im sure it makes sense it could fight off brand new modern battleships.

It was an empire, a lot of populated worlds and people. I get alot of people died, but it doesnt seem feasible that it would turn people into peaceful farmers who inexplicably can operate antique yet combat capable military hardware.

Wouldn't it make more sense if you're a farmer whose colony is attacked and you join the Romulan Republic's defense Force and go back to liberate your colony?
First off i was not a farmer....when I spoke to the lore woman she asked me what i was, and said I was part of the original crew who came to the world after Romulus exploded, so i have ship experience.

Also your colony was not occupied they took everyone...when you come back no one is there.