Career Officer
# 11
04-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Shockwave is a 5k radius, but sometimes it can take a bit to effect those further then 3k I've noticed. I've bugged it, but that may be why people are confused to the radius of the skill.

Shockwave most certainly has it's uses. Very useful for fighting off those swarms of fighters, and for knocking out those heavy plasma torpedo spreads as well. Doesn't do much against shields, but once the shield drops, it can be devestating. Works great against small frigates and BoP style ships too.

Also, the Particle Generator skill boosts its effectiveness. If you want it to be more effective, you have to skill it up, just like most other skills.
Captain
# 12
04-22-2013, 06:14 PM
If shockwave is having a disproportionate effect on shield versus hull, then there's either a bug in the skill or a bug in the description, because it says it does plasma damage. Plasma damage is not affected by the same massive shield reduction as kinetic.
Commander
# 13
04-22-2013, 06:15 PM
ok so shockwave, without being a sci lacks power
i tried using it in sb24 and did not find it helpfull
the warp shadows also changed the location of my ship and the "clones" were just sitting there behind me. maybe handy for pve to get away, but totally worthless in pvp as they do not move and are easy to spot..
Career Officer
# 14
04-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
If shockwave is having a disproportionate effect on shield versus hull, then there's either a bug in the skill or a bug in the description, because it says it does plasma damage. Plasma damage is not affected by the same massive shield reduction as kinetic.
There seems to be an initial "blast" that is very negated by shields, and a DoT effect that is not. I think the tooltip may not be written very well. I'm not sure if the DoT effect is effected by other plasma effecting consoles.
Commander
# 15
04-22-2013, 06:19 PM
probly best to use it as a point defence system, and nothing else
Commander
# 16
04-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfaustx View Post
ok so shockwave, without being a sci lacks power
i tried using it in sb24 and did not find it helpfull
the warp shadows also changed the location of my ship and the "clones" were just sitting there behind me. maybe handy for pve to get away, but totally worthless in pvp as they do not move and are easy to spot..
I used Warp Shadow in PvP as mentioned in my previous post and my attacker automaticly started shooting the other ships which gave me enough time to exit combat and cloak allowing me to heal and get ready for the next attack, that ability in its current state is designed to get out of combat and allow time for you to re-engage not be an offensive ability or anything intended for combat effectiveness
Commander
# 17
04-22-2013, 06:28 PM
he could have had the option of shoot higher threat first, as u gain stealth from this
it would make the skill pointless if u can stil lock on to the real ship, but why use it when u can cloak to get away, this seems more a distraction skil so u can keep shooting and in that it doesnt work.
Career Officer
# 18
04-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Its useful when you're cloak is down for those 20 seconds, and you find yourself suddenly being smashed by ships you didn't know were around you.

With probably a good 2/3 of PvP now going to have stealth, and half of that with battle cloaks, I like to have an option. Its not my greatest singularity skill ever, but hell it doesn't take up a console, device, or BO slot, so it's not horrible.
Career Officer
# 19
04-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rihandheno View Post
I used Warp Shadow in PvP as mentioned in my previous post and my attacker automaticly started shooting the other ships which gave me enough time to exit combat and cloak allowing me to heal and get ready for the next attack, that ability in its current state is designed to get out of combat and allow time for you to re-engage not be an offensive ability or anything intended for combat effectiveness
I used mine in the same scenario I too was impressed by it I like it
look for me in game as "Admiral Quinn" yeah that admiral quinn..and while your at it get off muh station!!!
Captain
# 20
04-22-2013, 07:26 PM
If the intent of warp shadows is to enable escape, perhaps it would serve its role better if the decoys each headed in a random direction while firing the same weapons you have except theirs do no damage. They will cloak when you cloak, or "shoot" for 3 seconds. Provides a much more confusing presentation than hulks that sit and do nothing.