Captain
# 21
04-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Plasma Shockwave is an amazing point defense weapon. It takes out fighters and heavy torpedo spam(*cough* D'deridex) like no-one's business. I'm quite interested in seeing what it does against Tholians and their webs.

Oddly, I don't find the Quantum Absorption all that useful - probably because I'm accustomed to using traditional means that are more than capable. I imagine Engineers will have a field day with it and Miracle Worker though.

Last edited by szerontzur; 04-22-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Captain
# 22
04-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfaustx View Post
warp shadow = doesnt help at all
shockwave = lacks power
shield heal = only thing worth using
1) Warp shadow : Its good when your in trouble need a diversion to cloak and run like a scalded dog.....it works only half the time i use it

2) Plasma shockwave : devastating against smaller craft like fighters and shuttles also devastating if you combine it with using a high yield plasma torp attack.

First hit your target with a high yield plasma torp get that ship burning then imeadiatly use the plasma shockwave between the plasma torp and the shockwave effects burning the enemies' hull their Hitpoints drop rapidly.

With this combo ive even taken down borg cubes in my mogai with relative ease funny killing a borg cube while its shields are still up

3) Singularity absorption : God this skill has bailed me out sooo many times now it gives instant full shields at max power and makes your shields invunerable for a short time epic goodness

Last edited by messahla; 04-22-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Commander
# 23
04-22-2013, 08:40 PM
that sounds like a bug
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
04-22-2013, 08:59 PM
rats...they just nerfed quantum absorption lol so its not as massive as it was before but sure did make for useful shield tanking

here are the new numbers from lvl 5 down to lvl 1

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/9171/scrnshotd.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p

Last edited by cynder2012; 04-22-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Captain
# 25
04-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfaustx View Post
that sounds like a bug
Nah, you should see what a proper plasma torpedo boat can do to a ship with its shields still up. If they ever go down, well.. the only things I've seen melt stuff faster are super-specced PVP AP blaster boats.

Makes me wonder if any of the Romulan ships will be conducive to a good plasma torp build... (Namely, being able to run high aux, gravity well, High Yield 3, and at least 4 tactical console slots.)
Commander
# 26
04-22-2013, 09:27 PM
i run rom torps with 3 purple doffs on holo, they do nice dmg but
a low lvl rom killin a cube with only a hy torp and shockwave? doubt it
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-22-2013, 09:56 PM
I've found the plasma shockwave is pretty devastating with high weapon power and with the cloak bonus. Yes that means you have to cloak in the middle of a fight and then press the button within 5 seconds of coming out, but your're Romulan. What are you doing staying visible all through the fight?

Yes I think its meant to be used in conjunction with the cloak. Who would have thunk it. I like all the abilities I've seen so far.
Captain
# 28
04-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
rats...they just nerfed quantum absorption lol so its not as massive as it was before but sure did make for useful shield tanking

here are the new numbers from lvl 5 down to lvl 1

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/9171/scrnshotd.png
Wow really? That's nowhere near power of other abilites with a coooldown measured in minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revalah View Post
I've found the plasma shockwave is pretty devastating with high weapon power and with the cloak bonus. Yes that means you have to cloak in the middle of a fight and then press the button within 5 seconds of coming out, but your're Romulan. What are you doing staying visible all through the fight?

Yes I think its meant to be used in conjunction with the cloak. Who would have thunk it. I like all the abilities I've seen so far.
Does it scale with power levels, I could have swore the damage only scaled with singularity charge.

As for cloak, it really is there to be used. Popping in and out of combat can be really nasty. I like to to strafing passes then cloak and hit a speed boost when I get too close then come around for another bass with a few seconds of damage bonus. It also can be nice since it can give you a breather when your heals are on cooldown.

Last edited by raptor63549; 04-22-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Lieutenant
# 29
04-22-2013, 10:34 PM
Worthless? Hardly.

A tad situational, yeah, but you can come up with some nice tactics with them.

Especially Warp Shadows in a PvE environment. Though it has some issues in PvP from what I've heard regarding the labeling of the shadows making them useless as decoys (that one could be wrong though as I don't PvP at all in this game).
Captain
# 30
04-22-2013, 11:27 PM
Situational might actually be a good thing.

First of all, we don't need or want any I WIN buttons, second, powers that aren't situational pretty much have to get spammed, and to me, that reduces gameplay depth. Also, cores give a power bonus based on singularity charge, if you ALWAYS want to fire off an ability, you will never get the bonuses.