Captain
# 101
04-23-2013, 10:51 AM
To be fair, the singularity change puts different builds on the same level. previously a cannon boat with CRF could charge up in seconds while it took longer for a beam build, and the fact that energy weapons charged it meant torpedo builds get screwed. If charge is independent of energy weapon fire rate then it makes non-cannon builds more viable.

The cooldowns are too long/powers too weak for the cooldown, still, though.
Lieutenant
# 102
04-23-2013, 11:14 AM
Hi

I've reached Commander (30) but i can't claim my D'Deridex. My Subcommander promotion mission won't clear. Is this Intentional?
Captain
# 103
04-23-2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussdanube View Post
Hi

I've reached Commander (30) but i can't claim my D'Deridex. My Subcommander promotion mission won't clear. Is this Intentional?
Yep its by design to enforce the level cap
Lieutenant
# 104
04-23-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
Yep its by design to enforce the level cap
Thanks for the answer. couldn't be sure. My second and final question is now that i am a CMDR 30, when the cap is removed, Will i get my D'Deridex?
Lt. Commander
# 105
04-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antrenos View Post
This needs to be increased. Already bad enough that you award a measly 10 Romulan Marks for any daily mission on/around New Romulus. You're gonna start awarding FIVE Marks? Even if you increase both easy, medium and hard rewards, by 100% (10/20/30), that would still be rather low. Patrol daily in Tau Dewa awards 60 Marks. A Borg Elite STF can award upwards of 100 Marks (during event hour).

10 for easy, 25 for medium and 50 for hard does not seem to me to be that much of a stretch. You don't want the rewards so low that noone will run them.
I have to agree. Thats 100s and 100s of missions by my math.

Aside from the fact I think New Romulas is a complete joke... Its a complete waste of time to do any of those for 10 marks. Ive seen no benefit to even opening up the tiered missions.

The other factor the Devs are missing is BURN OUT. There seems to be some kind of perception that everyone just has one toon or something. Even if you just have a main Fed and Klingon its a lot of grinding now.

I honestly never want to do many of the missions ever again. I mean ever. Knowing that Ill have to re grind stuff that I am already burned out on for a Romulan Character is bad enough.

One of my greatest joys is that I have one more item left on more character and in a couple of days Ill never have to suffer thru an STF again.
PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY
Career Officer
# 106
04-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
The Defeating the Nausicaans mission step is now required to successfully complete Sleepers
The mission says that there are 2 to destroy, yet I only need to destroy 1 to be able to progress to boarding the Cube. Also, if I exit to sector after completing the mission but before handing it in, it resets, every time.
----
Commander
# 107
04-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnlbrtnfrnt View Post
I have to agree. Thats 100s and 100s of missions by my math.

Aside from the fact I think New Romulas is a complete joke... Its a complete waste of time to do any of those for 10 marks. Ive seen no benefit to even opening up the tiered missions.

The other factor the Devs are missing is BURN OUT. There seems to be some kind of perception that everyone just has one toon or something. Even if you just have a main Fed and Klingon its a lot of grinding now.

I honestly never want to do many of the missions ever again. I mean ever. Knowing that Ill have to re grind stuff that I am already burned out on for a Romulan Character is bad enough.

One of my greatest joys is that I have one more item left on more character and in a couple of days Ill never have to suffer thru an STF again.
THIS!

Insanely low marks for time spent is Completely bogus.
I love testing the new stuff, seeing what breaks how smooth its running and all that, but very low rewards is something people are going to HATE the most over any glitches...those marks really need to be doubled and for hard...I'm expecting like 50 marks for the kind of effort we have to put forth in those caves. Its been said over a million times that people HATE the grind and for some reason nobody listens...

Grinding over and over again is like finding a good wall to bang your head on...Yeah its like that.
Lieutenant
# 108
04-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Fer cryin' out loud people... Do you really think the point hasn't been nailed home after 10+ pages of different folks complaining about the same damn thing, over and over? They even updated the patch notes to reflect a sort of "work in progress" state on the matter. Give it a rest already.
Empire Veteran
# 109
04-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
Fer cryin' out loud people... Do you really think the point hasn't been nailed home after 10+ pages of different folks complaining about the same damn thing, over and over? They even updated the patch notes to reflect a sort of "work in progress" state on the matter. Give it a rest already.
What most are upset about is the Nukara marks. Which Zero specifically said was done for now. So there's nothing WIP about them atm.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Cryptic Studios Team
# 110
04-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
What most are upset about is the Nukara marks. Which Zero specifically said was done for now. So there's nothing WIP about them atm.
I specifically said they are NOT done for now. Perhaps there has been some confusion.