Empire Veteran
# 31
04-22-2013, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralblackbar View Post
Any specific examples of where 'all over the place' the updated audio is located?
I assumed it was on Nukara.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
# 32
04-22-2013, 07:17 PM
"The firing arcs of each of the following Abilities have been increased from 90-degrees to 135-degrees:

Subnucleonic Beam
Aceton Beam
Tachyon Beam
Tyken's Rift
Gravity Well
Viral Matrix
Breen Energy Dissipator Console
Graviton Pulse Console

"

Subnuke has nothing to do with those consoles and bridge abilities. It is the most powerful and game changing power in the game. It is already easy enough to cast with its limited arc, increasing it just makes it super-lazy mode.

Graviton Pulse is already a very strong ability. It did not need a buff to its Arc.

An AoE 50+ second hold (with proper spec), being made even easier to cast?

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.

Last edited by snoge00f; 04-22-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Career Officer
# 33
04-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Nukara missions will now award Nukara Strike Force marks.
  • Generally 5 for easy missions, 10 for medium, 15 for hard, with bonus marks during reputation event time.
I'm sorry, but are you joking? Nobody is going to play these missions with that lousy a reward, even for Reputation.

Quote:
Increased the benefit of RCS Accelerator consoles.
  • They will now provide a benefit closer to what is indicated by the tooltip.
  • This is a larger change for slower ships with RCS Accelerators than ships that already had a fast turn rate.
Not enough, you need more benefits to encourage players to use these consoles. That's why nobody uses this or Inertial Damper Consoles or Stealth Consoles.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Captain
# 34
04-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Hopefully there are a lot more marks coming. It does say this is basically a placeholder.

Deferi missions give a lot less marks than the Borg space stuff and that worked out fine. As long as Tholian rep isn't a second New Romulus all will be well. If it is, then it's entirely skippable. The Borg ones are the one to base it off of and hopefully they see that.

Other than that, this is generally looking like a good patch and LoR is coming along very nicely guys.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 04-22-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Captain
# 35
04-22-2013, 07:31 PM
Change to singularity charge means beam and cannon ships are on the same level now, that's good to see.

What's up with the change to science ability arcs?

EPtX is still borked for cruisers.
Lieutenant
# 36
04-22-2013, 07:34 PM
They did say they wanted to make science more appealing...
Captain
# 37
04-22-2013, 07:43 PM
Widening the arcs for the abilities also gives the strongest benefit to the slower-turning ships, which should be good for those players who believe that science-oriented cruisers or the cruiser-like science ships (e.g. Nebula) are too weak compared to the other slow-turners.
How many Starfleet Engineers does it take to exchange an Anti-positronic Photon Emitter?
Captain
# 38
04-22-2013, 07:47 PM
Quote:
That's why nobody uses this or Inertial Damper Consoles or Stealth Consoles.
Nobody uses turn consoles? I call BS on that, thanks.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
# 39
04-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor63549 View Post

EPtX is still borked for cruisers.
this especially 3 engineer ensign cruisers
Ensign
# 40 Nukura
04-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Runned abit in Nukura after patch:
1. I was surprised seeing piece of tholian old ground set drops from reward box, on tribble. Exchanged it on 50 marks right away, I dont know its bug or not, but I am sure, you was soppose to remove it from game, arent it? Or it is still will be availeble?
2. On Holodeck I spended lots of hours on Nukura, like best sorce of fleet marks. And was disappointed when saw numbers of marks as reward, did 2 easy, 2 medium ext missions, got 30 marks, openned box, got 1 set shield, got 50 marks from it... Still dont understand why there is no Elite Romulan space actions, with same ammount of reward as Omega eSTF. Or probably there is your plan to make reputation harder work. At least make reward for Hard Nukura quests, same as reward for elite STF.