Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
# 31
04-23-2013, 06:27 AM
For pvp the only possible thought on this was it was too hard to get nebulas/atrox/other fat ships to get on target to nuke without a jump console. I guess giving up a console slot was too much to ask of a ship who's limited movement probably negates it to a healing role over a disruption role anyway.
24 Hours a day, 365 days a week.
Empire Veteran
# 32
04-23-2013, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
That would result in their lower dmg (cryptic logic). Already pitiful dmg made even more pitiful. Turrets with rapid fire would be better.
No, I meant keep the damage the same, just improve the arc. So cruisers would always be 'broadsiding'.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Rihannsu
# 33
04-23-2013, 07:45 AM
When I saw the change last night I did the literal "LOL WTF?! HAHAHAHA!"

Honestly though I am not really bothered by the change as much as I am confused by it. I don't mind them giving Arc upgrades to the powers they are doing it to.. But it's still odd..

I'd almost compare Cryptic to Cats.. you can't always predict what they will do...beyond a few simple things..
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 34
04-23-2013, 07:48 AM
Should RSF now get 100% invulnerability with 360 arc?
Captain
# 35
04-23-2013, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Plasma Infusers buffed DEW, DEW DoTs, Proj DoTs, and EWP.

It was too much. No other console does that.

Ambiplasma does Proj Kin and Proj DoT.

It brings the Plasma Infusers in line with other Tac consoles.

Proj DoTs and EWP lose out on the buff from the Infusers.

Plasma energy weapons are still bufffed by the Infusers, the 2pc Harness, the Rom Sci consoles.

Picture a ship running Phased Polarons, Quantums, and dropping EWP. If you wanted to buff each, you'd need to buff each.

That's all they've done here. If you're running Plasma Energy, Plasma Projectile, and dropping EWP...you've got to buff each.
It didn't look like the they said DEW plasma DOT was going to be buffed by Plasma Infusers. Just DEW plasma attacks. Has anyone checked to verify that it would still buff plasma DOT on DEW?

Is there anything that will buff the projectile plasma DOT other than the embassy consoles? You forgot to mention that, by the way.
Captain
# 36
04-23-2013, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
I love how derailed this topic got -_-

what was meant to be talk about the arc changes ended up being talk about the plasma debuffs
Heh, I love the arc changes. As well plasma is back in the toilet where it belongs. Rommies will be running their little 'gift' from the klinks instead, poor little rommie fanbois. Hows that Rom rep system lookin now ?

LOLOLOL
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Empire Veteran
# 37
04-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Heh, I love the arc changes. As well plasma is back in the toilet where it belongs. Rommies will be running their little 'gift' from the klinks instead, poor little rommie fanbois. Hows that Rom rep system lookin now ?

LOLOLOL
No idea, true Romulans use disruptors and not those pansy plasma stuff. Elite Fleet Disruptors

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 38
04-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dummyname View Post
For pvp the only possible thought on this was it was too hard to get nebulas/atrox/other fat ships to get on target to nuke without a jump console. I guess giving up a console slot was too much to ask of a ship who's limited movement probably negates it to a healing role over a disruption role anyway.
why does everyone keep saying the nebby has a slow turn rate?

i never had any issues with mine :/ if i wanted someone subnuked they would get subnuked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Lieutenant
# 39
04-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Eh, I flew one for a while as a healer, so I typically fly circles over the battlefield and watch health bars. I almost always was pointed 180 away from my target and it takes too long to get my nose on a target to subnuke when the target caller wants it. Perhaps some communication and planning can negate some of that but against good teams, I don't have alot of time to get my nose on point or try to position myself while I'm busy healing the team.

Besides, I think its very easy to slow and hold a neb and a good team will recognize when one is turning towards a player and that that will be the nuke target, it's like a quarterback who telegraphs his receiver to the defense. Better to just jump and nuke. Yes, when you jump a good team knows what's coming next, but they must react to it very quickly.

I guess my only question to you is what happens when someone else wants you to nuke a target, does it get nuked on time, or does the window of opportunity close before you get it off?
24 Hours a day, 365 days a week.
Captain
# 40
04-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Nebby has ok turn rate. I could always use 90 degree stuff easily. I actually prefer to play it as cruiser, because how well it turns.