Commander
i want to beable to change to kdf if i dont like fed anymore and vice versa.
dont want to b stuck on 1 faction that is not even my own..
or maybe go rogue
Career Officer
# 2
04-22-2013, 07:45 PM
Actually if they set that in, you'd be gimping yourself in the DOff department, since Diplomacy and Marauding don't cross over.

Also, it would mean you could run up fed until LCdr, get the Point defense console, switch sides, get the neural-warhead for free, switch sides again, rinse, repeat, which would unbalance the game in the Romulan favor way too much.

Now I agree going rogue would be fun though.
Captain
# 3
04-22-2013, 07:45 PM
Others would argue that you should carefully consider your alliances and be prepared to live with the consequences of your actions?
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Career Officer
# 4
04-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Personally, I feel romulans shouldn't have their own version of Diplomacy and Maurading. Maybe call it subterfuge or something.
Captain
# 5
04-22-2013, 08:17 PM
They've already said it's not going to happen in podcasts.

Afterall, what happens if you're flying a federation ship.. and were able to defect over to Klingon? Would you ship suddenly go poof? Q suddenly decides to send your Federation bridge officers away on a permanent holiday? etc.
Commander
# 6
04-22-2013, 08:25 PM
what if we grind a rom till 50 and never choose a side, might get stuck in a sector but missions have TW
Captain
# 7
04-22-2013, 08:29 PM
You need to pick Fed or KDF before you even make him. Treat him like a race, not a faction.
Captain
# 8
04-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfaustx View Post
what if we grind a rom till 50 and never choose a side, might get stuck in a sector but missions have TW
I am actually rather curious as to what happens if a science officer manages to level up to the point of being able to use photonic fleet without picking an allegiance.
Career Officer
# 9
04-22-2013, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szerontzur View Post
I am actually rather curious as to what happens if a science officer manages to level up to the point of being able to use photonic fleet without picking an allegiance.
You know, now I'm curious too. If I'm going to guess (and its a guess) it seems Romulan defaults to Federation. I say this because having tested a Klinkrom, all the text bugs, the DOff bugs, and the like seem to be bugged because they are defaulting to Federation.

So that said, my guess is you'll call in Federation ships.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfaustx View Post
I think you remain stuck at level 10 till you make a choice. If not you should do.

And Frankly, if you want to change to a Klinkrom or vice versa, just roll another character. Its a lot easier to balance and program that than having people hop back and forth.