Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 68
# 11
04-22-2013, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
You need to pick Fed or KDF before you even make him. Treat him like a race, not a faction.
HAH!

No. That isn't how it works.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 889
# 12
04-22-2013, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kregor View Post
HAH!

No. That isn't how it works.
I think what he was trying to say was, before you even create the character, have an idea which faction you want to join and why, so you don't feel like you made a mistake joining the wrong faction.

Since basically the storyline is pretty much the same, either side you go so far, the only real difference is mechanical and uniforms. Which consoles do you prefer, if you're going to use your allied factions ships, which ships do you prefer, and what uniforms styles do you prefer, then make a decision prior to even entering the game.
Captain
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 844
# 13
04-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfaustx View Post
what if we grind a rom till 50 and never choose a side, might get stuck in a sector but missions have TW
Quote:
Originally Posted by revalah View Post
I think you remain stuck at level 10 till you make a choice. If not you should do.

And Frankly, if you want to change to a Klinkrom or vice versa, just roll another character. Its a lot easier to balance and program that than having people hop back and forth.
If you dont pick a side you dont leave Tau dewa
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 889
# 14
04-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
If you dont pick a side you dont leave Tau dewa
I also believe you don't get new ships, though I'm not sure if they can stop you from claiming C-Store ships at the proper rank.

I don't think they actually stop you from grinding, you can (theoretically) grind replays all the way up in your old BoP I believe.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 641
# 15
04-22-2013, 10:10 PM
If you could change sides at will, it could cause problems by you being able to get every single piece of gear out there rather than just one side's.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 68
# 16
04-22-2013, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladymyajha View Post
I think what he was trying to say was, before you even create the character, have an idea which faction you want to join and why, so you don't feel like you made a mistake joining the wrong faction.

Since basically the storyline is pretty much the same, either side you go so far, the only real difference is mechanical and uniforms. Which consoles do you prefer, if you're going to use your allied factions ships, which ships do you prefer, and what uniforms styles do you prefer, then make a decision prior to even entering the game.
Yeah, figured that out shortly after posting. Not going to edit it though. Owning up to my mistake and all that.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,046
# 17
04-22-2013, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladymyajha View Post
I think what he was trying to say was, before you even create the character, have an idea which faction you want to join and why, so you don't feel like you made a mistake joining the wrong faction.
Yeah, you should make him with a faction in mind, just like you would make Fed or KDF toon. You're just picking a romulan race for one or the other anyway, so just treat it like have grind 10 levels as part of character creation and you wont need to switch later.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 332
# 18
04-22-2013, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
Others would argue that you should carefully consider your alliances and be prepared to live with the consequences of your actions?
This right here! Before you make a selection you get a window that tells you to take your time and make sure you choose a side you like because the decision is PERMANENT. If a player RUSHES to pick a side just to get through it then he should be willing to live with the circumstances.

However, I do think a little more info could be provided to help players make an informed decision. The mission that leads up to that point doesn't seem to provide much info about what motivates the Feds or the KDF. I found myself asking, as a new player exactly why would I want to ally myself with the Feds? As a Romulan my first impression of feds are that T'Nae seems to thoroughly dislike Romulans (odd for Vulcan) and Sugihara is full of himself. The KDF doesn't trust Romulans but at least they give them SOME credit AND the player even teams up with one of their ships at one point.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 641
# 19
04-22-2013, 11:07 PM
They really should give a bit more info regarding each side though.
The diplomats have next to nothing to say to you before you make your choice, and I would love if you had a couple more missions where you interact with Starlfeet and the KDF.

Of course, at the end of the day, with the missions being Romulan missions unconnected with either side for the most part, the major factor in the descision really is what end game gear you want (Ship consoles and fleet weapons).
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 507
# 20
04-23-2013, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilv View Post
However, I do think a little more info could be provided to help players make an informed decision. The mission that leads up to that point doesn't seem to provide much info about what motivates the Feds or the KDF. I found myself asking, as a new player exactly why would I want to ally myself with the Feds? As a Romulan my first impression of feds are that T'Nae seems to thoroughly dislike Romulans (odd for Vulcan) and Sugihara is full of himself. The KDF doesn't trust Romulans but at least they give them SOME credit AND the player even teams up with one of their ships at one point.
Some of the new KDF tutorial missions make you understand why KDF enjoy putting disruptor bolts through fed skulls and paint Feds quite negatively. Actually quite a few fed missions paint the feds in a very negative light.

Overall though, the KDF seem are much more fitting ally than the Feds for the Romulans due to the dialogue in game. KDF swear to help you get revenge and to hunt down every Tal Shiar while Feds moan about diplomatic solutions and aid. Hmm your home, your friends and family pretty much just got obliterated and destroyed by your enemies, who is going to guarantee you justice? Certainly doesn't sound like Feds at the moment.....
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:52 AM.