Republic Veteran
# 11
04-23-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
I am not referring to banning the word.

I just think this type of thing is happening a little too soon.

People, like myself, just need a little time to digest what has recently happened.
As someone who lives in New york City for 28 years....i do not agree with your views, and the word should stay and pretending something does not exist is not going to make it go away.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Captain
# 12
04-23-2013, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
As someone who lives in New york City for 28 years....i do not agree with your views, and the word should stay and pretending something does not exist is not going to make it go away.
No problem. I will move along to something else.

Once these events are behind us, I may come back to try the expansion.

Sorry for asking.

Last edited by linyive; 04-23-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Captain
# 13
04-23-2013, 09:33 AM
I'm pretty sure this story has taken longer than a week to write, so what we shall do is ban all broadcasts relating to the unfortunate events just incase someone wants to even compare the two.

Back on topic, this news of the new story is really wetting my appetite.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
04-23-2013, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Not missing. . . just separated into "Legacy of Romulus Part 2: The Continuing Adventures of Cap'n Pointy Ears!"
Hey, I call copyright on Hakeev's nickname!

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) - I only play one char now, such is the state of the game..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Captain
# 15
04-23-2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seansamurai1 View Post
I'm pretty sure this story has taken longer than a week to write, so what we shall do is ban all broadcasts relating to the unfortunate events just incase someone wants to even compare the two.
You are right. I should not have asked the question.

Sorry for doing so. I am wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-23-2013, 10:07 AM
Quote:
As a result of recent news events, especially the ones that took place in my state, would Cryptic consider changing that phrase to 'Romulan Traitor'?

Up until you are called 'a terrorist', I was all on board with this new expansion.

I do not think I want to play this game now.

Its a little too soon.

My current image of a terrorist is a murderer of innocence. I just keep thinking about the Boston Marathon massacre, for the event happened approximate ten to twenty miles away. Do not even get me to think about how the freak went to UMD.

Its just too soon.

I want to play this great expansion, but I do not want to be called a terrorist.
There are terrorist attacks all over the world for a lot of years now. Only because something happened in your state, you want to censor certain words? Because they make you feel uneasy? Toughen up a little.

Last edited by mn03; 04-23-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Captain
# 17
04-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn03 View Post
There are terrorist attacks all over the world for a lot of years now. Only because something happened in your state, you want to censor certain words? Because they make you feel uneasy? Grow up man, toughen up a little.
I just deleted my post, so there should no longer be an issue.

All you had to do is read the post above your reply.

Last edited by linyive; 04-23-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
04-23-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
I just deleted my post, so there should no longer be an issue.

All you had to do is read the post above your reply.
its your opinion that you might want that. hell i live in an area where i hear people, including cops, getting shot pretty much every day on the news, you dont see me asking for a ban on ground combat though.

and i mean local news, not national news.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Captain
# 19
04-23-2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
its your opinion that you might want that. hell i live in an area where i hear people, including cops, getting shot pretty much every day on the news, you dont see me asking for a ban on ground combat though.
You are correct. Asking the question was very-very wrong of me.

I should know my role.

Second, I never once asked for the word to be banned.

Last edited by linyive; 04-23-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Quote:

I should know my role.

For the love of god, where did THIS bit come from? Just like a few posts back you wrote (and then deleted) some crap line about being given a hard time because you're a female. And now you drop the "should know my role" line?

Self pity much? Your gender has nothing, zero, zip, nada, to do with people's reaction to your sudden discomfort with the "T" word.

Are people out of line for jumping on your reaction to the "T" word? Perhaps. But does it have anything at all to do with your gender and/or that gender's "role"?

No.