Lt. Commander
# 11
01-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post
Actually the release date is Feb 2nd. But I guess we should give you a cookie for atleast getting one of the numbers correct.

Secondly, I take it you have never been in a Beta Test before, or even seen a game launch before.

Most open betas are pretty much like this, so your 'shock' at how it is, suggests '1st timer' all over it.

Secondly, many games launch with issues - WoW, EQ2, Vanguard, WAR, ***, etc. Heck Vangard was unplayable for many people due to program issues.

My recomendation to you, is that you should avoid betas, and releases. Don't consider a game, until it has been about 3 months after launch. You will be much happier.

“Crickets”
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Actually the release date is Feb 2nd. But I guess we should give you a cookie for atleast getting one of the numbers correct.

Secondly, I take it you have never been in a Beta Test before, or even seen a game launch before.

Most open betas are pretty much like this, so your 'shock' at how it is, suggests '1st timer' all over it.

Secondly, many games launch with issues - WoW, EQ2, Vanguard, WAR, ***, etc. Heck Vangard was unplayable for many people due to program issues.

My recomendation to you, is that you should avoid betas, and releases. Don't consider a game, until it has been about 3 months after launch. You will be much happier.

I've been in betas before. Most open betas are not this bad.

Serious connection issues and graphics driver issues are not the sort of problems you should be having at this stage.

If those are the betas you were in then I'm not surprised you think they're all going to be bad. You've never seen a good or even adequate one.

Besides this isn't even an open beta.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gash-jackel View Post
High five old chap!
Del Boy five!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
I've been in betas before. Most open betas are not this bad.

Serious connection issues and graphics driver issues are not the sort of problems you should be having at this stage.

If those are the betas you were in then I'm not surprised you think they're all going to be bad. You've never seen a good or even adequate one.

Besides this isn't even an open beta.
Funny...it seems to be called an Open Beta...

Anyway, yes connection issues and graphics driver issues ARE the sorts of problems we want worked out now...rather than the usual way with some companies - resolving them the first week of release!

I'd love to hear specific which OB were not this bad? I don't think I have ever played one that went really well - which is the point.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-15-2010, 04:25 PM
It seems Cryptic needs to push this game back for another 6-9 months.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffbc View Post
Funny...it seems to be called an Open Beta...

Anyway, yes connection issues and graphics driver issues ARE the sorts of problems we want worked out now...rather than the usual way with some companies - resolving them the first week of release!

I'd love to hear specific which OB were not this bad? I don't think I have ever played one that went really well - which is the point.
The Tabula Rasa beta was pretty good. Of course TR had its own flaws but the beta itself was stable.
The Fallen Earth beta went very well too.

Although I wasn't in it I heard the CoH beta went well after initial problems.

Also yeah you can not call this an open beta. An open beta is when there's no limit on keys, you just make an account, download the client and bam you're in. Quite a few sites that you can get keys from demand a subscription to their site in exchange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanMax
The same thing was said in the Champions beta by almost everyone who was in it. Even pillocks said similar things albeit not as well worded as other responses.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
The Tabula Rasa beta was pretty good. Of course TR had its own flaws but the beta itself was stable.
The Fallen Earth beta went very well too.

Although I wasn't in it I heard the CoH beta went well after initial problems.

Also yeah you can not call this an open beta. An open beta is when there's no limit on keys, you just make an account, download the client and bam you're in. Quite a few sites that you can get keys from demand a subscription to their site in exchange.

The same thing was said in the Champions beta by almost everyone who was in it. Even pillocks said similar things albeit not as well worded as other responses.
The fallen earth beta was a ****in disaster i was on closed beta for that game and it had just as many if not more problems,the log in server was ALWAYS crashing.I cant remember a beta that ive been on that didnt have problems but then thats the idea of a BETA,how can you complane about a game you havent paid for ,your ment to be playing it to help them fix the bugs not to complain about them.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Quote:

no the ""RELEASE DATE"" is 1-28-2010 seeing how the servers go live for those who pre-ordered and they get a early start cryptic is giving themselves beta open till the 26th then 1 day where no servers to address EVERYTHING and then it goes live again... this should b interesting...

ps~~ i still cant log in past the loggin screen says i disconnected from the server or something... any1 got answers? on my GFs laptop windows XP was working fine for like 10 missions then it crapped out
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanMax
i would like to slap you and say SHUSH B4 YOU JINKS US.. cuz i got like 3 delux bonuses waiting for me.. but alas.. i must agree.. i got 3 beta codes 1 used already from just dling silly me following steps that involve 3 minutes then 19 hours i got 2 hours of beta play b4 it started crapping on me i cant even connect past the main log in screen now.. but yes.. i belive this game IS NOT ready.. unless they are holding back and this is what it was like day 1 of closed beta..
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpaddy View Post
The fallen earth beta was a ****in disaster i was on closed beta for that game and it had just as many if not more problems,the log in server was ALWAYS crashing.I cant remember a beta that ive been on that didnt have problems but then thats the idea of a BETA,how can you complane about a game you havent paid for ,your ment to be playing it to help them fix the bugs not to complain about them.
Yeah but aside from the login server the rest of the game was fine. If you got in then it was all green milk and mutant bee honey.