Captain
# 11
04-23-2013, 06:18 AM
SHOULD the borg tractor+cutter combo work if the player uses polarize hull? The only other way to reduce that thing's attack is to have thick armor and even then you could be taking 1K per second in shield-penetrating damage.
Captain
# 12
04-23-2013, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revalah View Post
Polarise hull does not break the tractor. If you are being Tractored the tractor will shill be doing damage, you just can move while the tractor is shaking you to bits. I'm glad that they have added the cumulative effect of the Cutting beam and Borg tractor to the borg.

And it sounds like you were hit with multiple shots of the shield netraliser.
I break tractors all the time using polarise hull if im running 2 sci boffs one is specifacly trained for tractor breaks and the cornerstones of the training is polarise and sensor jam.

I went on the holodeck and purposley let a borg cube tractor me i used polarise and broke the borg tractor so whatever is going on its unique to tribble.

I also will add i let a second cube tractor me and used sensor jam and it to worked on the holodeck so would like a little insight to why the borg seem different here on tribble then on the holodeck.

Yes yes i know its a test server i just want to know if this is the way borgs are going to be post LoR release.
Captain
# 13
04-23-2013, 07:04 AM
I would not mind a little nerf on the borg's instakill torpedoes.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
# 14
04-23-2013, 07:28 AM
I soloed a red alert a couple days ago on Tribble and didn't encounter a weapon like you're describing.. I did notice that they seem to be able to utilitize the assimilator/cutting beam combo to deadly effect now though - and can only assume that is what you encountered, despite whatever visuals you may or may not have seen.

Last edited by szerontzur; 04-23-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Captain
# 15
04-23-2013, 09:19 AM
I've been the target of and seen others be the target of the KCB/Tractor combo on Holodeck. Multiple times in the past month. That's not new.
Captain
# 16
04-23-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
I've been the target of and seen others be the target of the KCB/Tractor combo on Holodeck. Multiple times in the past month. That's not new.
yeah i just got hit with that combo a few minutes ago on the holodeck it sure stings a bunch but i still can break borg tractors with sensor jam and polarise hull.

Though i am unable to do the same tactic on tribble i didnt post this as a bug because i wasnt sure if it was or not so was trying to find out more about it.

But i do feel the borg super duper torps need a serious nerfing
Career Officer
# 17
04-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
i used sensor jam that did not work
Borg are immune to placate.
Career Officer
# 18
04-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Quote:
I break tractors all the time using polarise hull if im running 2 sci boffs one is specifacly trained for tractor breaks and the cornerstones of the training is polarise and sensor jam.
Polarize Hull only reduces a Tractor's ability to hold you. It still deals damage if you're within 5km. Also low levels of PH don't completely negate the hold of a Higher level Tractor beam.
Rihannsu
# 19
04-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:

The borg need a nerfing not a buffing dev team they are already way to strong as it is without giving them new toys to kill us faster.
no, no, no. the borg should be strong. they might not need buffing but they certainly dont need nerfing.

did you enter that red alert on your own or something? its a team event.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 20
04-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
no, no, no. the borg should be strong. they might not need buffing but they certainly dont need nerfing.

did you enter that red alert on your own or something? its a team event.
I can solo everything up to the unimatrix cubes are usually not a prob for me the polarise hull allows me to escape tractors and yes i have used sensor jam many times on the borg to break their tractors.

I understand the borg need to be super strong but not have torps that kill you in one hit regardless of your current shield health or hull health.

Just make the torps less powerfull enough where its going to hurt alot but not insta kill