Empire Veteran
# 1 Romulan Doff system
04-23-2013, 06:05 AM
Disclaimer: I have not read anything about how Romulan Doffs are supposed to work.

In the long run, I think the Romulans need their own distinct Doff system. Currently, if you go Rom/KDF, you basically get the KDF system - Marauding, etc. As far as I can tell, there are no differences.

Stopping to read the missions available makes you realize how wrong most of them are for a Romulan character. (And I won't even quibble over Marauding.) Defend the honor of a sibling? Wut?

Additionally, you are now plugged into the KDF Doff store, you talk to Stass, etc. Seems like you should be doing all that at New Romulus exclusively.

Probably not a change that will happen before May, but I'm just tossing it out there.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Rihannsu
# 2
04-24-2013, 07:05 PM
There are several new missions that only RR gets. BUT, yeah, most of it is to using the assets of your ally.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 3
04-24-2013, 07:39 PM
The statements that I have read/heard seem to indicate that 90% of DOffing will be through the ally. There may be a unique chain or two and a handful of DOffs, but nothing extensive. They "might" extend the system down the road, so hold your breath...

I really enjoy what parts of the DOff system they have finished. I am also a huge Romulan fan. Sounds like this may be the deciding factor for if I go Fed/KDF. Fed it is. At least their peacenik missions won't seem totally wrong.

This is another example where Romulans really are just a sub-race within the Fed/KDF.
Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes?  Read my posts below.
Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
Rihannsu
# 4
04-24-2013, 07:42 PM
I haven't seen any unique chains yet, or unique Doff rewards, but... LOADS of new Doff missions.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 5
04-24-2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I haven't seen any unique chains yet, or unique Doff rewards, but... LOADS of new Doff missions.
New Fed/KDF missions or Romulan specific missions? If Romulan specific, are they in the old zones as well, or just the new Romulan zones.

The Romulan DOff system being something of an afterthought was one of the largest disappointments for me when they announced the faction details.
Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes?  Read my posts below.
Empire Veteran
# 6
04-24-2013, 08:02 PM
Personally I have no problem with my Romulans running Marauding missions.
"We are the United Federation of Planets and we come in peace....unless you have something we want, or refuse to join us, then you have no choice."
Better dead then Fed!
Career Officer
# 7
04-24-2013, 08:18 PM
I think Romulans should at least get a chain or two of their own, possibly riffing on Fed or KDF chains playing up the whole idea of sneaky Romulans with eyes and ears everywhere.

Other missions could be related to sneaky things we saw them do in the shows.
----
Rihannsu
# 8
04-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnlang View Post
New Fed/KDF missions or Romulan specific missions? If Romulan specific, are they in the old zones as well, or just the new Romulan zones.

The Romulan DOff system being something of an afterthought was one of the largest disappointments for me when they announced the faction details.
Tau Dewa has a lot of them.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Career Officer
# 9
04-24-2013, 08:45 PM
Romulans definitely need their own special commedation. Call it Intrigue, and have it be a mix of political, diplomatic, and espionage missions.
Career Officer
# 10
04-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Intrigue works for me. Politics is another good one. I really would have liked to see some sort of progression towards a Senate seat.