Rihannsu
# 11
04-23-2013, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
I think Cryptic is not interest in "testers" that fail to read. But what can I know.
Oh sorry I failed to find that cunningly hidden bit of information. It certainly doesn't warrant inclusion in, say, the FAQ. Would be far too easy to find that way.
Rihannsu
# 12
04-23-2013, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudoku7 View Post
Well, Nukara Reputation is possible now, so there's that. UI Changes [in game, and Char creation].

There's the change to Science abilities targetting arc. RCS Consoles touchup.

They also want folks testing stuff that's not Romulans .
That's true but Romulans are, naturally of the greatest interest at the moment. The requirement of having "tested" a previous episode just doesn't make all that much sense. For once, it locks out all newer players. Also, wouldn't you expect them to consider LTS, gold members and purchasers of the legacy pack worthy? You know, the people that actually fund this whole thing in the first place?
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
04-23-2013, 08:23 AM
This was only the first round of invites. They'll be putting out more invites and ending with an open beta in the coming weeks.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Empire Veteran
# 14
04-23-2013, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevawinna View Post
Oh sorry I failed to find that cunningly hidden bit of information. It certainly doesn't warrant inclusion in, say, the FAQ. Would be far too easy to find that way.
How was it hidden? It's like one of the first posts in the news section....in fact I think it's stickied.
"We are the United Federation of Planets and we come in peace....unless you have something we want, or refuse to join us, then you have no choice."
Better dead then Fed!
Rihannsu
# 15
04-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
This was only the first round of invites. They'll be putting out more invites and ending with an open beta in the coming weeks.
Thanks for the info. Any idea what criteria will be used to select those upcoming rounds of invites?
Captain
# 16
04-23-2013, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevawinna View Post
Thanks for the info. Any idea what criteria will be used to select those upcoming rounds of invites?
I assume the first criteria was being an avid Tribble tester. Beyond that it's random, like most Beta tests.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Republic Veteran
# 17
04-23-2013, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
Nope, it is letting you test. It's closed testing though at the moment, meaning you must receive an invite to participate in the testing.
I tested seasons 6 and 7, and I didn't get an invite. However, I'm still able to test Romulans. I believe it's due to the fact that I turned the Promotional emails off from Cryptic/PWE. So, saying that you must receive an invite isn't really true.

OP, just wait a little while longer, there will be an open beta for LoR, and even a Tribble Test Weekend for LoR.
Rihannsu
# 18
04-23-2013, 09:15 AM
Thanks, looking forward to an opportunity to test the new content, will check out the other changes in the meantime. Pity the KDF side appears to be absolutely dead there.
Captain
# 19
04-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
I tested seasons 6 and 7, and I didn't get an invite. However, I'm still able to test Romulans. I believe it's due to the fact that I turned the Promotional emails off from Cryptic/PWE. So, saying that you must receive an invite isn't really true.
Unless that was how they notified you?
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Republic Veteran
# 20
04-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
Unless that was how they notified you?
I am still able to test the Romulans. I was notified that I was able to make a Romulan just by going to the creator and seeing that the Romulan tab was ready to be used.

For those who have turned their promotional/marketing emails off, read this from BranFlakes:
Quote:
Is it possible you are opted out of marketing emails? If you are, you wouldn't have received an email. Try logging into Tribble and checking if you can make one. You might have to delete your Tribble characters (make sure it's on Tribble and NOT Holodeck!), transfer a new one over, and then see if the option pops up. If it doesn't, you're not in it yet.
Here's where you can see Brandon's post: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=349