Ensign
# 21
04-23-2013, 10:33 AM
I think they are actualy looking for people that will file bug reports and not just play it to see how fast the can max lvl the toon. I know i got my invite cause when ever i play on tribble I am always filing tickets when i find new bugs that need to be crushed
Republic Veteran
# 22
04-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevawinna View Post
Also, wouldn't you expect them to consider LTS, gold members and purchasers of the legacy pack worthy? You know, the people that actually fund this whole thing in the first place?
considering i bought an LTS at launch (or week of launch, cant remember) and Got all the special tribbles but one, and bought the romulus starter pack. meaning i did a lot of tribble testing and i got an invite means one thing...... they are looking for people who actually run around on tribble a lot, not someone who just wants to see stuff before its released.

It means they obviously do consider LTS, Subbers and purchasers of any type.... so long as they tested they had a chance at getting in on closed beta 1. there will be more invites and such, so i dont see why your getting worked up.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Ensign
# 23
04-24-2013, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevawinna View Post
That's true but Romulans are, naturally of the greatest interest at the moment. The requirement of having "tested" a previous episode just doesn't make all that much sense. For once, it locks out all newer players. Also, wouldn't you expect them to consider LTS, gold members and purchasers of the legacy pack worthy? You know, the people that actually fund this whole thing in the first place?
Considering this is a beta test, don't you think they might prioritise people who've shown they actually file bug reports and such-like from past tests? I have an LTS and have bought the Legacy pack. I did both without any expectation of getting any sneak preview of LoR on Tribble - I simply bought them because what was in them looked good (and, in the case of the LTS, I did this when the idea of a Romulan faction was nothing more than that - an idea being punted around on the forums by players). I did actually get into the closed beta, but I strongly suspect that is more down to the fact I have actually filed bug reports in past tests, most recently the Neverwinter beta weekends, than because I laid out some cash.