Captain
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 844
Ok so i finally have my official first actual complaint and it concerns the borg

I was testing a new weapons setup and decided to do a red alert as a ultimate test

well to my horror i found out the borg have a new toy which was used on me

a red beam which held me firm i used sensor jam that did not work i used polarize hull that to did not work and this beam tore my ship apart aqs in it reacted as a weapon and tractor.

The borg need a nerfing not a buffing dev team they are already way to strong as it is without giving them new toys to kill us faster.

You already got them shooting uber torps at us that kill on impact regardless of hull or shields a plasma energy bolt that does the same thing and now THIS?!!

I really hope this stays on tribble and does not go live cause if it does expect alot of rage quitters over it
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,770
# 2
04-23-2013, 12:18 AM
Are you 110% sure you were NOT tractored? Because even using PH, your ship can have the jerk-n-stop movement because of a tractor beam regardless.

Also, that red beam was probably the Kinetic Cutting Beam, which can hurt like no tomorrow, especially without shields.

Plus, if you were both tractored and it was using the KCB on you, the two together have a unique combo, in that the tractor will cause a VERY big amount of damage on you, which added with the other annoying stuff the Borg do, can be downright brutal.



Putting that aside, I've also been fighting some Borg on Tribble, and they are no different so far as I can tell. Still just as annoying fighting cubes with those damnable-spammable Borg Shield Neutralizers they NEVER stop firing.* They only feel really hard to me because I'm in an under-leveled, and under-geared ship; not to mention rarely having backup in the first place makes it very annoying.

*Yes I know HE clears it. But HE doesn't last forever, and they will fire at least two or three minimum before you can use HE again. Plus speccing into PI has little to no effect, if for no other reason than they just keep spamming them.

Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 3
04-23-2013, 12:31 AM
Usually those "park and shoot" type of players experience big crits fairly often.
Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 375
# 4
04-23-2013, 01:09 AM
I don't feel attachment towards npc characters and that's downright sinful. rly needs to be fewer borg and MORE buffed than ever
Captain
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 844
# 5
04-23-2013, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Are you 110% sure you were NOT tractored? Because even using PH, your ship can have the jerk-n-stop movement because of a tractor beam regardless.

Also, that red beam was probably the Kinetic Cutting Beam, which can hurt like no tomorrow, especially without shields.

Plus, if you were both tractored and it was using the KCB on you, the two together have a unique combo, in that the tractor will cause a VERY big amount of damage on you, which added with the other annoying stuff the Borg do, can be downright brutal.



Putting that aside, I've also been fighting some Borg on Tribble, and they are no different so far as I can tell. Still just as annoying fighting cubes with those damnable-spammable Borg Shield Neutralizers they NEVER stop firing.* They only feel really hard to me because I'm in an under-leveled, and under-geared ship; not to mention rarely having backup in the first place makes it very annoying.

*Yes I know HE clears it. But HE doesn't last forever, and they will fire at least two or three minimum before you can use HE again. Plus speccing into PI has little to no effect, if for no other reason than they just keep spamming them.
I didnt see the green borg tractor just this red beam normally i use sensor jam or polarize hull it breaks the tractor even borg tractors this tactic did not effect this red beam.

Idk if it was a bug or not but whatever it was it was a terrible surprise i had ful shields and health when it snagged hold of me.
My shields dropped faster then a bad habit my health lasted maybe 6-7 seconds just enough to pop my sensor jam and polarize with no effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Usually those "park and shoot" type of players experience big crits fairly often.
I dont park and shoot, i shoot and scoot i never park it just makes it easier for an NPC or PvP to kill me
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 507
# 6
04-23-2013, 03:28 AM
The red cutting beam has been in game for a while. If you didn't have graphics set up right it would have appeared invisible to you.

I disagree about the borg needing nerfed, except maybe the borg spheres. Don't know if it was just me, but I had accx3 weapons, acc trait, acc maxed out in skills and struggled to hit the things cause they dart around so much. Combine that with the fact they drain your shields to 0 pretty much permanently and I'd say the Borg Sphere is the deadliest borg ship out there.
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 778
# 7
04-23-2013, 03:37 AM
The cubes do not bother me. I can solo a normal cube.

The spheres though, I find them a bigger threat than the tactical cubes.

I use reverse shields, and HP, and if that doesn't work, what really does? Evasion action. Awesome little thing. Cooldown is great for that.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,764
# 8
04-23-2013, 03:50 AM
Stop complaining and spec properly.

Really, only when Cryptic removes the spec system will idiots like this stop appearing perhaps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 507
# 9
04-23-2013, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
Stop complaining and spec properly.

Really, only when Cryptic removes the spec system will idiots like this stop appearing perhaps.

Bit hard to say that to someone when they have spec'd specifically to fight in these situations and it's only really one unit that's being a tad ridiculous.
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 105
# 10
04-23-2013, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messahla View Post
I didnt see the green borg tractor just this red beam normally i use sensor jam or polarize hull it breaks the tractor even borg tractors this tactic did not effect this red beam.

Idk if it was a bug or not but whatever it was it was a terrible surprise i had ful shields and health when it snagged hold of me.
My shields dropped faster then a bad habit my health lasted maybe 6-7 seconds just enough to pop my sensor jam and polarize with no effect.



I dont park and shoot, i shoot and scoot i never park it just makes it easier for an NPC or PvP to kill me
Polarise hull does not break the tractor. If you are being Tractored the tractor will shill be doing damage, you just can move while the tractor is shaking you to bits. I'm glad that they have added the cumulative effect of the Cutting beam and Borg tractor to the borg.

And it sounds like you were hit with multiple shots of the shield netraliser.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:35 AM.