Captain
# 21
04-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theodrim View Post
Well, glad to see the Darwin award comment was already made.

I mean seriously, who looks at a freakin' quantum singularity and thinks, "this might be something I'd like to jump into"?
You would be surprised the amount of stupid things the human imagination can come up with, just to see if it can be done.

There is a reason the phrase "Curiosity killed the cat" was created.

I say leave the core as is. It isn't totally easy to do (I had to really try to jump it) but is a fun little idea none the less.
Career Officer
# 22
04-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Ya, and a cloaking device was something that could be picked up and carried off the ship by a human. . . I don't buy either of those.
I can buy the cloaking device. You can't use shields when you cloak; It would seem to me the cloaking device is some sort of modulator to make your shields emitters produce a cloaking effect.
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
04-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Quote:
I mean seriously, who looks at a freakin' quantum singularity and thinks, "this might be something I'd like to jump into"?
If it killed you, it'd be something nearly everyone did once for that moment of juvenile glee. Like jumping out of a plane and then shooting it down before you hit the ground in Battlefield, or glitching a swingset to launch your car across the city in GTA.
Rihannsu
# 24
04-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
I can buy the cloaking device. You can't use shields when you cloak; It would seem to me the cloaking device is some sort of modulator to make your shields emitters produce a cloaking effect.
Well, I also like to think that the device in "The Enterprise Incident" was simply a critical component that interfaced with the ship's systems to create the cloaking effect. Riker talks about something like this in the episode with the Federation Phasing cloak. They mentioned something about how the Phasing Cloak needed a specific type of ship design to work.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 25
04-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Well, I also like to think that the device in "The Enterprise Incident" was simply a critical component that interfaced with the ship's systems to create the cloaking effect. Riker talks about something like this in the episode with the Federation Phasing cloak. They mentioned something about how the Phasing Cloak needed a specific type of ship design to work.
There's also the DS9 episode "The Emperor's New Cloak", where Rom and Quark stealing the entire cloaking device off of a Klingon BoP; It's about as big as a person.
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
04-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Invisible collision was added all around the singularity today. I'm not sure when you guys will see it... *snip*
Are you implying we'll be able to see invisible objects when that goes live?
Career Officer
# 27
04-24-2013, 10:54 AM
From what I've played (everything released so far several times), there are already way too many invisi walls in LoR. It's incredibly off putting to be barricaded like that, let us explore, add in a few accolades for getting to awkward places do something cool like in the Tower Inn in NWO.
____----____----____----____----____----____

Marshall of the Omega Rangers Fleet, Director of Personnel.

Here to help.
Captain
# 28
04-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Invisible collision was added all around the singularity today. I'm not sure when you guys will see it, but it's coming.

We've also put mittens on everyone's hands, and turned all of the phasers/disrupters into flashlights to make sure no one hurts themselves.
Well the soccer moms will be happy.

FOR NOW!
Captain
# 29
04-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urniv821 View Post
Lol this! I wondered the same when I saw it.. I thought it was supposed to be a little plain looking box.
I always figured that was either a COnduit or the access port and the whole thing was behind the heavily shielded wall.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-24-2013, 12:01 PM
but the bottom of the core is where i hide the bodies