Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Season 7 Dev Blog #45
04-23-2013, 12:00 PM
Lead Content Designer Scott "Goatshark" Shicoff shares details about the seventh Embassy Featured Project in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 2
04-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Seems, like a Passive/Aggressive Project this time.

Second!

(I've always wanted to do that... )
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 3
04-23-2013, 12:33 PM
Just a heads-up that this is actually the final Embassy project we have lined up. Starbase projects also finished with the last one, and we may or may not have more projects in the future for these two holdings. We do have another fleet holding planned, but it won't be released until some point after the expansion launches.

Also, we're working out details on our next featured project rerun promo. As soon as we have more information to share about it, we'll be sure to post.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 4
04-23-2013, 12:35 PM
I'm indifferent about these featured projects at the best of times - given that they're extraordinarily overpriced for what you actually get - but I must say that with less than a month until LoR releases, I honestly couldn't care less about this one.

Part of why I say that is because these featured projects don't really mean much to most fleets because most of the time, only members of the fleet will ever visit the Starbase or Embassy. Perhaps if the system were improved so that Fleet Starbases weren't located in their own private system and instead spread out across the quadrant, and could be used by any Starfleet captain as a place to re-supply, change ships etc. (they'd be able to buy standard gear and have access to a dilithium and EC vendors, as well as a commodities trader, but wouldn't be able to buy from the Starbases owners provisioned stores, for example). If this was the case, then maybe making our starbase look a bit more impressive might be worth it, as well as making the starbases more of a hub for players.

Personally, it feels like a Dev blog wasted which could have been used to shed some more light / tease some more of Legacy Of Romulus features. But that's just me.
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Lt. Commander
# 5
04-23-2013, 12:43 PM
I wasn't aware Cryptic was only allowed to post one Dev Blog a day...I suppose I should pay more attention

Celebrating Over 10 Years of Star Trek Gaming
Captain
# 6
04-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle54 View Post
I wasn't aware Cryptic was only allowed to post one Dev Blog a day...I suppose I should pay more attention
Unfortunately, they usually do.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Captain
# 7
04-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Wrong Blog type. Should be a LoR Blog with more info on Changes, like the faction mission progression changes.
Career Officer
# 8
04-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Argh! This is the LAST project?!? Ugh. I ship out for military training tomorrow and will miss out on the LAST project?!? I hope the project rerun doesn't happen until late summer when I return, so that I can pick up this last project. I've done all of the others (FED) so far.

See my suggestions to revamp playable factions at: FACTION REVAMP: A PROPOSAL TO CRYPTIC STUDIOS
Career Officer
# 9
04-23-2013, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddmoonrizin View Post
Argh! This is the LAST project?!? Ugh. I ship out for military training tomorrow and will miss out on the LAST project?!? I hope the project rerun doesn't happen until late summer when I return, so that I can pick up this last project. I've done all of the others (FED) so far.
Based on three years of playing this game...
I believe there is very little you have to worry about.

Just about everything has returned in one way or another.

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
04-23-2013, 01:06 PM
Can we get a guy added to our starbase/ebassey who sells hypos/components etc ?