Career Officer
# 21
04-23-2013, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmfreddie View Post
Whatever happened to that planet and nebulae for our star-base which was seen in some really really early screenshots? as tbh the star-base interior i admit is now full of life but the outside still looks a bit bland...
Those would be nice to see. A fleet emblem on the base exterior, maybe a fleet flagship docked at the starbase too.
----
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Somewhat saddened by it being the last one

That said, may help to get my fleet sb and embassy past T3 and T2 respectively without such distractions
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
04-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddmoonrizin View Post
Argh! This is the LAST project?!? Ugh. I ship out for military training tomorrow and will miss out on the LAST project?!? I hope the project rerun doesn't happen until late summer when I return, so that I can pick up this last project. I've done all of the others (FED) so far.
Well bmt only lasts 8 1/2 weeks and once you get to your tec school, AIT, or what ever the navy calls theirs (former AF) you should be able to get internet access. Then there is always whatever base they send you to, Unless your reserve/national guard in which case you will probably just be sent home.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Career Officer
# 24
04-23-2013, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngazman View Post
I
Part of why I say that is because these featured projects don't really mean much to most fleets because most of the time, only members of the fleet will ever visit the Starbase or Embassy. Perhaps if the system were improved so that Fleet Starbases weren't located in their own private system and instead spread out across the quadrant, and could be used by any Starfleet captain as a place to re-supply, change ships etc. (they'd be able to buy standard gear and have access to a dilithium and EC vendors, as well as a commodities trader, but wouldn't be able to buy from the Starbases owners provisioned stores, for example). If this was the case, then maybe making our starbase look a bit more impressive might be worth it, as well as making the starbases more of a hub for players.
I think thats a cool idea .. bouncing from Fleet base to Fleet Base, seeing how others progressed and being able to use facilities on their base (with the caveat above of only facilities that dont take resources from that fleet)
Community Moderator
# 25
04-24-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
Sorry need the ridiculous amount of 216,000 Dil to upgrade Starbase to level 2.

Maybe if the costs were scaled more reasonably to Fleet size?

OR even BETTER unlockable by doing missions and content.
Well, large fleets complete them quickly, and small fleets will take a lot longer. And, you get dil from doing missions and content.

So, there you have it.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Career Officer
# 26
04-24-2013, 03:04 PM
Woot, glad it's the last one for the time being! I love these projects and only miss a few that I deem to be utterly rubbish, but they do tax my small fleets progression rather heavily.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Career Officer
# 27
04-24-2013, 03:23 PM
So our Starbases basically have holodecks that do nothing??

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY