Starfleet Veteran
# 11
04-24-2013, 01:18 AM
Why should it be a random generated, you have to bear in mind that Tovan Khen story is about looking for a family member. Whether or not she can be a Bridge officer is still unknown. I have seen a lot people with the same default bridge officer and couldn't be ask to customise them. Beside it will be too much work, and your Tovan is only unique to your Romulan toon. I say this because the decision you make with him is not going be the same as me. Granted it going to be the same as someone else but still its your game play and not theirs so that's a unique experience right there.
"You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
Commander
# 12
04-24-2013, 04:16 AM
mhh, I picture standing on New Romulus in a few months and being surrounded by Romulan players, EACH with the same bridge offficer clone at their side...
STOWiki admin.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13 so no reman crews then
04-24-2013, 04:51 AM
so we are stuck with this guy and the others ??

An All reman crew is not possible ??

For practical reasons (life support , lighting etc) I like to go with single race crews outside of the Federation
Ensign
# 14
04-24-2013, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagasensei View Post
mhh, I picture standing on New Romulus in a few months and being surrounded by Romulan players, EACH with the same bridge offficer clone at their side...
This was the thinking behind my original post. That once this goes live this will be the reality. Don't get me wrong. I love the extra effort put into giving a background story to your crew as you meet them, but I just wanted to put the idea out there.
Career Officer
# 15
04-25-2013, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
so we are stuck with this guy and the others ??

An All reman crew is not possible ??

For practical reasons (life support , lighting etc) I like to go with single race crews outside of the Federation
You're stuck with Tovan Khev, you can do with the rest as you please (well, except changing the costume). I'd still like a dev response why Veril is the only female Reman who looks like one. Makes the "all-Reman" crew I planned for the KDF a bit hard to realize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagasensei View Post
Nah, my Fedrom will at worst run around with Satra, she's a tac and needs healing. And my KDFrem will run around with a fellow Reman.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.

Last edited by assimilatedktar; 04-25-2013 at 01:50 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
04-25-2013, 02:51 AM
I am forced to conclude that that Khev is a spy
Captain
# 17
04-25-2013, 03:18 AM
This is the first time Cryptic forces us to keep a certain BOff around. Considering that BOff slots are heavily restricted (well, for most F2P people anyway) I think it's possible that Tovan will be removed from the players roster during the Romulan story arcs. If he's a spy working for the Tal Shiar remains to be seen. However it could be that he just dies at one point or leaves the player, else we will really see countless Tovan clones on New Romulus at lvl 50.
Rihannsu
# 18
04-25-2013, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alikain View Post
Why should it be a random generated ...
Because I SHOULD be able to kick his ass off my ship for starter and I am not playing a single player game.

If they want him to be oh so central to the storylime, make him leave after the tutorial and command his own ship or whatever ... I am playing a game, not watching a movie.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 04-25-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Rihannsu
# 19
04-25-2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
I'd still like a dev response why Veril is the only female Reman who looks like one.
Maybe her mother was not a Reman, could have been a Romulan, Human or any number of species.
"If you didn't want to get yelled at by a bunch of crazy nerds you shouldn't have posted on the forums"
"Bacon tastes so much better marinated in vegan tears"
Better dead then Fed!
Career Officer
# 20
04-25-2013, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
Maybe her mother was not a Reman, could have been a Romulan, Human or any number of species.
That would explain it if she didn't look like a Reman. But she looks more Reman than the other Reman females combined.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.