Rihannsu
# 21
04-25-2013, 11:25 AM
I do wish Cryptic would let us change costumes on them. At least the ones other than Khev. I don't mind it really, but it'd be nice.

My take on Khev is that he's kinda like an NPC that follows you around permanently.... and as free Boffs go he ROCKS! Seriously, he's a PURPLE Boff with TS3 as one of his default skills. That gives me many reasons to keep him around....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 22
04-25-2013, 11:35 AM
For all we know you might end up losing Khev in a higher episode, which is why you can't change him.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Lieutenant
# 23
04-26-2013, 06:34 AM
Tovan Khev is a Very good officer and I like the storyline giving you a strong emotional link to him, I'm somebody who likes to give all my captains fairly unique crews and the problem is he more so than the other Boffs is fixed, I would also like atleast a couple of other choices when it comes to the story line, an engineer and sci officer would be cool if possible.

The first 3 boffs you get from story missions could be dependent on your initial choice, they don't even have to be different charcters just different station.
Rihannsu
# 24
04-26-2013, 07:05 AM
Tovan Khev is my brother from another mother. The Vakarian to my Shepard.
Lieutenant
# 25
04-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintaris View Post
Tovan Khev is my brother from another mother. The Vakarian to my Shepard.
This. So much.

The only "legitimate" reason against Khev being a mandatory boff is RP related. And even then, calling that "legitimate" is one hell of a stretch.

If you don't want to use him, you don't have to once you get enough regular BOFFs.
Career Officer
# 26 Concerns about Tovan Khev
05-02-2013, 03:30 AM
Out of curiosity, I tried to Dismiss him, only to see this:

Tovan Khev

If I'm reading this thread right, you can't even refuse to take him, he is mandatorily added to your crew.

I grew bored with non-editable BOFFs long ago and now I'm having one forced on me.

If we're forced to take him, at least allow me to edit his appearance.

That's all it would take to make me want to keep him around.
Survivor of Remus
# 27
05-02-2013, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
Out of curiosity, I tried to Dismiss him, only to see this:

Tovan Khev

If I'm reading this thread right, you can't even refuse to take him, he is mandatorily added to your crew.

I grew bored with non-editable BOFFs long ago and now I'm having one forced on me.

If we're forced to take him, at least allow me to edit his appearance.

That's all it would take to make me want to keep him around.

This is what bothers me. I should either have COMPLETE control over Tovan's appearance to the ability to remove him from my bridge crew (or both) with no impact to MY story.

When I play this game it is MY story and not Tovan Khev's ... Tovan Khev can go nga'chuq himself.
Commander
# 28
05-02-2013, 04:47 AM
Wow, harsh attitude towards Tovan, considering if he didn't know how to fly a starship, your green blood would be baking to your bones amidst the ashes of your homeworld right now ...

Just sayin' ...
Captain
# 29
05-02-2013, 05:29 AM
If we have to keep him, Cryptic should at least give us the option to put him into a decent uniform. I don't like it that my first officer looks like a hobo while the rest of my bridge crew is all dressed up nicely.

Also, did anyone else notice that there are several Federation officers hanging around on the Romulan Bridge? I hope this is a bug since my Romulan is not even allied to the Federation.
Captain
# 30
05-02-2013, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
For all we know you might end up losing Khev in a higher episode, which is why you can't change him.
I don't think so, just imagine you loose your tac officer, on which you spend hundreds of skillpoint, and maybe trained some skill. Now, you don't have another tac officer ready to take his seat, and no dil (pretty common for a character lvling). You end up without tac officer for your warbird.
It would simply affect too much gameplay.

Anyway, true or not, I still don't understand why we can't change his costume, at the very least. Even when used in cut scene, they use the actual Tovan, no matter his look, the same way they use our captain, and not some generic captain.