Republic Veteran
# 21
04-24-2013, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon653 View Post
While definitely borgified I would not say its a Scimitar, it's much to small.
It is smaller but weren't there smaller versions of the scimitar in the comic book ? that led up to the universe split..
Republic Veteran
# 22
04-24-2013, 08:28 AM
If you ask me it looks like a Scimitar that Nero defiled. Thats what I though when I first saw it. "Who gave Nero a Scimitar."
Captain
# 23
04-24-2013, 08:58 AM
Was it a Scimitar thought his ship was a mining ship outfitted with borg equipment. Not that he would need it when he ended up in the past
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Republic Veteran
# 24
04-24-2013, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
Was it a Scimitar thought his ship was a mining ship outfitted with borg equipment. Not that he would need it when he ended up in the past
The Ship Nero flew was a Mining vessel not a Scimitar. The ship that Hakeev has seems to be a Scimitar which the look of the Ship that Nero had with all those tentacles going to the front. It just looks like a Scimitar with that effect added to it to me.
Republic Veteran
# 25
04-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I'd say "Borgified," rather than "Elachified" given what the interior looks like. And we know from the Fed-side missions that the RSE has been experimenting with adapting Borg technology onto their ships. I think they're definitely taking queues from ST2009 here. This is probably about as close to the Narada as they can get.

Brings up the question though: if this is his ship in Mind Games... what happened to the one from the Khitomer mission? It didn't get destroyed, if I remember the mission correctly. Unless this is the same ship and it just... evolved...
his first ship was a D'Deridex with the borg set on it.... i highly doubt it could change shape that much..... chances are after that mission he 'acquired' a new ship somehow and continued his modifications with that one.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Career Officer
# 26
04-24-2013, 12:01 PM
Obisek's ship is the Zdenia. A Mogai with the shiny, Reman skin on it. I don't see why that would be a problem if we are a Reman Captain. Assuming we unlock them. I read that only Reman's can wear a Reman uniform. It would be consistant that we have to be playing a Reman specifically to use the Reman ship skin. Unless we use the Reman shields?

During the new Turning Point mission (level 9), Hakeev is flying the D'deridex with Borg gear attached. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't upgrade later, right?

If Hakeev is later using this Borg-modified Scimitar, which is Narada-esque, I speculate that the Tal Shiar are likely hoarding that technology. The Romulan Republic likely won't get it. At least not early on. I suppose that Obisek might later snag a schematic from within The Vault and make it available? So maybe only a T5-whatever class? But I doubt it would be a Narada clone.

STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link

Last edited by psiameese; 04-24-2013 at 12:04 PM.
Career Officer
# 27
04-24-2013, 12:39 PM
It is a little disturbing how little you people know your Trek stuff.

Nero took the Narada "simple mining vessel" (little brown Ship) to THE VAULT to upgrade it with "retrofitted, self growing, Borg Technology" (turning it into the big black monstership).

Hakeev's Ship here is clearly using the same Technology, chances are it was upgraded in the Vault too.

It is NOT Borg Technology, it is "retrofitted" Borg Technology by the Romulans, that is why it looks different.

That was also the reason The Vault exists in Star Trek Online.
(although the Station looks nothing like it did in the comic, the names are the same, and there is a Borg Sphere inside it.... sooo... yah... let's just say that retrofitted borg tech upgrade the vault too... it just had about 40 year to grow to what it is now.)

Star Trek Countdown Comic #3 has 3 pages that show exactly that.

It is also known that the Narada was sentient and had a telepathic interface with Nero, it was sentient enough to call out for V'Ger in the Nero Comics because it sensed it as a friendly mind or something... but was too far away to actually get there. (expanding further on the V'Ger - Borg connection)

but those are just Soft Canon Comics and this is just a Soft Canon Game, nobody is forcing them to relate to each other but it looks like they do to some extend.
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
04-24-2013, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
Obisek's ship is the Zdenia. A Mogai with the shiny, Reman skin on it. I don't see why that would be a problem if we are a Reman Captain. Assuming we unlock them. I read that only Reman's can wear a Reman uniform. It would be consistant that we have to be playing a Reman specifically to use the Reman ship skin. Unless we use the Reman shields?

During the new Turning Point mission (level 9), Hakeev is flying the D'deridex with Borg gear attached. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't upgrade later, right?

If Hakeev is later using this Borg-modified Scimitar, which is Narada-esque, I speculate that the Tal Shiar are likely hoarding that technology. The Romulan Republic likely won't get it. At least not early on. I suppose that Obisek might later snag a schematic from within The Vault and make it available? So maybe only a T5-whatever class? But I doubt it would be a Narada clone.

They did say that if you unlock the Reman playable species, either by buying the legacy pack or by getting t5 Romulan rep, you do get a special Reman ship material, which I suspect is very similar to the one we see on Reman NPC ships in game.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic