Lt. Commander
# 121
04-26-2013, 12:09 AM
It looks like the result of a three-way between the Connie, the Scimitar, and the reimagined Galactica. Not sure if want... .
Captain
# 122
04-26-2013, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan5000 View Post
I'm pretty sure that's the definition of reinvigoration....when people who aren't fans are excited for the movie...that's reinvigoration. It doesn't need a series to qualify as a reinvigoration....Nolan did the same with Batman...does it not count because there was no tv show?
If you say so
Career Officer
# 123
04-26-2013, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
And they look stupid on a starship.
I agree.

Just my opinion, but the whole concept is laughable. I can't stand the Nadaragence. As have said before, I loathe the whole 'it's evil so it has to be massive' cliche. Why not a small, powerful ship that's near impossible to target/hit? Noooo - can't do that, can they - the 'Captain' of the ship is evil so the ship has to follow some stupid unwritten rule that all evil ships commanded by someone evil have to be large.

Saying that, I shouldn't be surprised. Unoriginal storyline, unorginal concept, huge cliche uber-ship; JJ & Co really are completely incapable of coming up with a genuine original idea between them.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Starfleet Veteran
# 124
04-26-2013, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
JJ & Co really are completely incapable of coming up with a genuine original idea between them.
His idea was how to take the biggest dump on TOS-era fans as possible while pandering to whatever is popular with the average action movie patron...

The more cliche and un-original the better as his target demographic isn't going to know or care about the ST universe. Every element from the ST universe he twists and mangles is for the sake of ST fans who care about the franchise... it's his way of giving them a huge F-YOU and laughing all the way to the bank.

I really hope this movie fails horribly as does his Star Wars movie... his ego needs a good b#&*$# slapping
Lt. Commander
# 125
04-26-2013, 07:25 AM
Oh well - everyone has different tastes, and the existence of people who don't like the reboot 'verse doesn't interfere with my joy of it, just as my liking of it shouldn't take away from their dislike.

The ship is an interesting design choice. Sure, it's unsightly, but that may be on purpose. It's not supposed to be a beautiful ship of the line.
Career Officer
# 126
04-26-2013, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnmanx View Post
*gasp* They stole Cryptic's Legoprise! j/k
ROTFWL That was my first thought as well.
"And at Warp 10, we're going nowhere mighty fast."-Scotty
Lt. Commander
# 127
04-26-2013, 07:35 AM
i find it a nice and good looking ship.
it would be an honor to torture something on THAT LEVEL.
Career Officer
# 128
04-26-2013, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
*(and I say again, because I am apparently the only one excited "SSQQUUEEEEEE!!!!")
Not true, I'm very excite at the thought of seeing this ship blow up I bet it makes one hell of an explosion.
"And at Warp 10, we're going nowhere mighty fast."-Scotty
Captain
# 129
04-26-2013, 09:00 AM
The new movie is going to be awesome! The ship looks cool. So it passes the "does it look cool test?" ... the story so far from what I've been teased with is amazing. And the utter joy I feel for a new Star Trek installment, after years of having nothing to look forward to since it was dead on TV is hard to encapsulate. May is right around the corner and I can't wait to see this.
Lieutenant
# 130
04-26-2013, 11:00 AM
IMO, it looks like the Vengence may have been re-purposed from its original design; perhaps when they "layed the keel" it was meant to be something along the lines of the Ambassador-class, got the saucer-section mostly complete (as it would be mostly crew quarters, labs, etc) , then decided they needed a warship more then they needed an exploration vessel. They crammed as many weapons into the engineering hull as they could since it was only partially constructed and therefore easier to modify "on the fly".

I like it (form following dunction).