Captain
# 41
04-24-2013, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erocker View Post
Looks like the Kelvin / Kobayashi Maru simulator bridge.

The ship it's self is okay but the black colour is a bit over the top.

It's now my background

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Career Officer
# 42
04-24-2013, 05:55 AM
Seen better...

Deffo seen worse (example JJU - Enterprise), but I've also seen better...

Yeager class springs to mind under the category "better"
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 43
04-24-2013, 06:07 AM
Ent J looks better then this crap of JJ trek and I hate the ENT J
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Career Officer
# 44
04-24-2013, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladdie View Post
Geez, wishing death upon someone is a bit harsh. Take a chill pill.

The Enterprise is graceful and curvy, representative of a time reserved for exploration and peace.

The Vengeance is a weapon. Designed for whatever Marcus has in plan. It's reactionary to the threats Starfleet has faced in this time period (Narada and Vulcan).

Let's be honest, the Defiant is an ugly son of a *****, but only because Sisko wanted guns strapped to engines surrounded by armor. This is no different.

It also screams JJ Excelsior in terms of size and overall shape. Notice the TMP features as well. From the Nacelles, Deflector, escape pods, and hull aztecing.
"The Vengeance is a weapon. Designed for whatever Marcus has in plan"

Yeah - and one can't help but wonder what their convoluted explaination will be for him having this ship in the first place. He stole it? BORING! He had it built? How? and who by? And it'll be 'interesting' to see how he managed to get a crew to operate it. Actually, no - that won't be interesting at all.

And if you like it, that's fine. I don't - some fanboy who (like JJ) studied at the University of No Talent and obsesses over the Death Star designed the Vengence. Laughably, the very name of ship reminds me of the STF's I've played in this game, although even then some of those ship names were more imaginative than this boring cliche. May as well have named the ship USS Angry". Or better still, USS Cliche. Which begs the question of why he is using 'USS' at all, since the big evil is supposedly so angry at Starfleet.

Though I guess that JJ and co don't care. All it really needs to be is a big ship (becase as I said earlier, big = evil) with big guns. And that is, literally, all it is. No imagination, no real thought put into it's design. It's just a flying gun, and that is a catastrophic BORE in my view.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 04-24-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Career Officer
# 45
04-24-2013, 06:37 AM
this is JJ trek there are no explaination for any thing he just dose!
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Empire Veteran
# 46
04-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
"The Vengeance is a weapon. Designed for whatever Marcus has in plan"

Yeah - and one can't help but wonder what their convoluted explaination will be for him having this ship in the first place. He stole it? BORING! He had it built? How? and who by? And it'll be 'interesting' to see how he managed to get a crew to operate it. Actually, no - that won't be interesting at all.

And if you like it, that's fine. I don't - some fanboy who (like JJ) studied at the University of No Talent and obsesses over the Death Star designed the Vengence. Laughably, the very name of ship reminds me of the STF's I've played in this game, although even then some of those ship names were more imaginative than this boring cliche. May as well have named the ship USS Angry". Or better still, USS Cliche. Which begs the question of why he is using 'USS' at all, since the big evil is supposedly so angry at Starfleet.

Though I guess that JJ and co don't care. All it really needs to be is a big ship (becase as I said earlier, big = evil) with big guns. And that is, literally, all it is. No imagination, no real thought put into it's design. It's just a flying gun, and that is a catastrophic BORE in my view.
You know, being cliche and 'boring' doesn't automatically make things bad you know...

And how is stealing a ship in ANY way boring? Kirk stole the Enterprise and that was exciting, even if it was his own ship. And considering this ship is an ultra-powerful ship designed to take on more threats like Nero (I'm assuming), it automatically assumes Harrison is at least semi-competent to have stolen it in the first place.

And who said you NEEDED imagination or thought put into the design? If the ship was built for battles, why would it need a pleasing/thoughtful/imaginative aesthetic? IMO, it doesn't need that
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Captain
# 47
04-24-2013, 09:55 AM
And so it goes:

After Nero's armed-to-teeth oversized mining ship destroyed a lot of Federation ships, Starfleet decided to construct a tactical ship to fight against such threats.

The ship is beeing hijacked by this one guy, he kills the whole crew and shoots at the Enterprise. The Enterprise crashes on earth, but somehow a small crew enters Vengeance, starts the self-destruction countdown, kills the bad guy and are resuced by another ship before the Vengeance explodes.

Starfleet says that a tactical ship attracts to much bad guys because they don't have so much technic and personal to avoid a hijacking.

So they decide that the Federation will never have it's own battleship and they will conentrate on building more cruisers and science ships because there is no threat out there left in the universe.
Career Officer
# 48
04-24-2013, 09:58 AM
Its only redeeming features are the wicked looking pods/sensor packages either side of the deflector, and the jagged appearance lending itself to a somewhat practically built beast. I hate it, but it looks better than the JJprise hero ship.
----
Commander
# 49
04-24-2013, 10:07 AM
One word:

UGLY!!!!

but have nice engines ;p
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."
Captain
# 50
04-24-2013, 11:51 AM
There seem to be a lot of people who have a visceral hatred for JJ Abrams, to the point that they are unable to contemplate anything associated with his name with anything like objectivity.

Just sayin'...
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts