Career Officer
# 11
04-24-2013, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
Soo ... a Fleet gets stolen along with it's Starbase (Starbase = monetary investment by the players) and Cryptic does ... nothing to the offender . (AFAIK)
You have anything to back this claim up? Cryptic told you what has been done *or not done* Disciplinary events, if any, are never shared publicly, even to the person who file the ticket/complain...

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Captain
# 12
04-24-2013, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshirtthefirst View Post
You have anything to back this claim up?
I did put an 'AFAIK' there , you should have gotten the meaning .
At any rate , the latest 'big fleet theft' was Caspian fleet and one of their Fleet Honcho's had known the thief .
No one heard anything about that known individual getting banned .
That's what I had to go on .

Thus Cryptic wears the "we don't get involved in Fleet Business" hat when it's your money , but when it's their money , it's another story .

Plus that quote that I highlighted needed to be highlighted instead of getting washed away in a mess of text , as I know that a number of ppl have been using the Foundry lately for "extra" Dil mining purposes .

Those ppl deserve to be warned -- and not in the "you didn't listen to the latest Gecko Fest on Podcast UGC ? Too bad ! You were warned . " kind of way .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .

Last edited by aelfwin1; 04-24-2013 at 04:28 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 13
04-24-2013, 04:45 AM
Honestly if cryptic doesn't permanently ban accounts of people who exploited the foundry for dilithium I would have completely lost respect for them.

If there is anything to ban it is that.
Dilithium is connected to cryptics bottom line($).
Career Officer
# 14
04-24-2013, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
Honestly if cryptic doesn't permanently ban accounts of people who exploited the foundry for dilithium I would have completely lost respect for them.

If there is anything to ban it is that.
Dilithium is connected to cryptics bottom line($).
I just know that none of this would happen if Cryptic didnt starve the playerbase on Dilithum...I mean Dilithum is part of the ingame money economy...which we use to BUY SHIPS, SHIPS WEAPONS etc.

I mean seriously why do we have a refinment cap on Dilithum...when none of the other big games like WoW doesnt have a cap on how much gold you can make ingame really or SWTOR with its ingame currency...so why us Cryptic?
Rihannsu
# 15
04-24-2013, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raythilo2345 View Post
...so why us Cryptic?
Because Cryptic monetized it and make it work both ways, we can trade Zen for Dilithium and Dilithium for Zen.

Of course before we just had Cryptic Store, Dilithium was used for a few things but then we had the Dilithium Store and then come Season 6 and Starbases and more Dilithium requirements, then come Season 7 and Embassies with more Dilithium requirements plus changes to STFs sets that now require Dilithium.

True, Dilithium is a currency ... yet the initial link to Cryptic Points was never removed.

Over a year ago Dilithium was nearly worthless, people only trade it for Cryptic point but right now is a necessity because they slapped a Dilithium tag on about everything.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Empire Veteran
# 16
04-24-2013, 05:39 AM
Quote:
I just know that none of this would happen if Cryptic didnt starve the playerbase on Dilithum...I mean Dilithum is part of the ingame money economy...which we use to BUY SHIPS, SHIPS WEAPONS etc.

I mean seriously why do we have a refinment cap on Dilithum...when none of the other big games like WoW doesnt have a cap on how much gold you can make ingame really or SWTOR with its ingame currency...so why us Cryptic?
They are not starving the playerbase. The solution to dilithium starvation is to have more than one character.
They are suggesting that players have more than one character to increase that 8k cap to be (for me 30k) in hopes that you will also buy cstore stuff in those characters.
Republic Veteran
# 17
04-24-2013, 06:19 AM
4 hours, why don't you guys kick start an Agony booth

Career Officer
# 18
04-24-2013, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
They are not starving the playerbase. The solution to dilithium starvation is to have more than one character.
They are suggesting that players have more than one character to increase that 8k cap to be (for me 30k) in hopes that you will also buy cstore stuff in those characters.
that doesnt help people who either dont have the time or only plays one character
Empire Veteran
# 19
04-24-2013, 07:41 AM
So you want the same amount of dilithium as someone who has more time to play?
That is slippery slope.
Why not say "I want to level as fast as someone who has more time" or "I want all the gear as someone who has more time".
The more you want = the more you get?
Not the more you have to work on it?

How about on a daily basis, cryptic adds up all the dilithium in the game and distributes it evenly to all the players?

I have a job, family, and other hobbies.
My main is a kdf that farms contraband and gives it to other alts that does the 4hr contraband doff millions.
It doesn't take anytime at all and the rewards are great.
Captain
# 20
04-24-2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:

Starve? I refine between 15-20k every single day playing 2-3 hours. I generally have 5,000 free Zen every month to buy whatever I want from the C-Store.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.