Lt. Commander
# 1 Aim doesn't work anymore
01-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Is this happening to anyone else? I press the C key and the middle mouse button while in ground combat, but my character doesn't enter aiming mode. I've turned off the game and restarted it, but it didn't help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2010, 03:16 PM
doesn't work for me either except for when im in a team ground mission then it lets me do aim mode
i havent figured out why
would love to know if it is a skill im missing or just a bug
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2010, 06:44 PM
I would guess it is a bug. It seems to also be intermittent. Though, I have no idea what the cause is. I was doing the mission (Starbase 24) and could no longer aim. This was later fixed on another mission. So it seems to occur randomly.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-15-2010, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Hawke View Post
Is this happening to anyone else? I press the C key and the middle mouse button while in ground combat, but my character doesn't enter aiming mode. I've turned off the game and restarted it, but it didn't help.
Um, is the middle mouse button also an option to aim? If so, I didn't know. I just hit "C" and it works fine for me. I don't think I've seen it not work yet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogoFatso View Post
I would guess it is a bug. It seems to also be intermittent. Though, I have no idea what the cause is. I was doing the mission (Starbase 24) and could no longer aim. This was later fixed on another mission. So it seems to occur randomly.
I don't recall starbase 24 having a ground combat portion. Just a giant freaking battle in space with 70 Klingon ships that need a dirt nap. Different mission perhaps or later in the game?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Hawke View Post
This stopped working for me for a little while, I was able to fix it by starting up the patcher and clicking on Options in the upper right corner of the launcher, and checking on "Force Verify". Let it run.

After I did that, my problem cleared up, something must have gotten muddled up in the client during the first few days, when I had to force shut down the client because it was hanging for 20 mins.

At anyrate, give that a shot. Hope it works for you.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-15-2010, 07:29 PM
I've had this bug too, sometimes holstering your weapon a few times sorts it out
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-16-2010, 11:47 PM
Having this nearly every time I play. very intermittent though, I may have 3 ground missions before it starts or it may do it on the first one. Restarting the game does nothing, nor does resetting my controls or changing the control manually.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-17-2010, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaiders
I don't recall starbase 24 having a ground combat portion. Just a giant freaking battle in space with 70 Klingon ships that need a dirt nap. Different mission perhaps or later in the game?
Possibly a different mission. Someone hailed me with a mission for Starbase 24 (or is it 13? They seem to randomly change which number they use!) and it involved a ground mission too. Not half as frantic as the normal state of starbase 24, I found.

On topic: Aim has not messed up for me yet, but I'll watch out for it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-17-2010, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonygoose View Post
Possibly a different mission. Someone hailed me with a mission for Starbase 24 (or is it 13? They seem to randomly change which number they use!) and it involved a ground mission too. Not half as frantic as the normal state of starbase 24, I found.

On topic: Aim has not messed up for me yet, but I'll watch out for it.
When you get closer to the SB you can beam in and spank some klingons and rescue some scientists, I think.

Aim messed up for me in some facility which I was supposed to free, been doing so ever since.

Will try force verify later when I have time.