Captain
# 11
04-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Theta is pretty good, Nadeon is a bit of a joke, Iso requires practice but can be kind of devastating if used right. Subspace is also one you need practice with but is nasty if used right.

It's KDF 3 good consoles, Feds get 5 good ones. Still consider it disparity there and you are asking for Feds to get 7 good consoles and leaving KDF with nonsense. I would rather it came out with scrapping console packs permanently, or if they must have them bring out new consoles that are unique which neither faction has.
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Captain
# 12
04-24-2013, 09:36 AM
Honestly in PVE most consoles got too long cooldowns.

So I rather use a normal passive bonus one, except for the Bortas autocannon. That one, coupled with disruptor consoles and DHC and turrets, can be very devastating.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Captain
# 13
04-25-2013, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post

The only Fed Consoles left are Cloak Seeking Torp, Transwarp Computer, and Tachyon Detection. That is, the 3 crappiest ones.
I think Tachyon Detection and the Sensors Skill may make a resurgence with both Fed and Klingon Battle Cloaks in PvP. It's also Aux independent, so far from crappy in that respect.
Each their own though.

Personally I wouldn't choose an ally on the basis of P2W consoles, which inevitably will all be available cross faction via lockboxes anyway. But look more toward fleets and fleet holdings.

Bear in mind as well, you won't be able to claim or use end game fed/kdf ships, so looking at their consoles is a waste of time, because you will never get those anyway unless it's through a lockbox.

The Elite Fleet Disruptors are only available to KDF fleets, and they still have some very unique Doff content.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Career Officer
# 14
04-25-2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
Bear in mind as well, you won't be able to claim or use end game fed/kdf ships, so looking at their consoles is a waste of time
End game ship consoles are only usable on that one ship. I never even suggested that.
Quote:
because you will never get those anyway unless it's through a lockbox.
Duh? Did you not read my OP?
Commander
# 15
04-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
For RP and cool purposes, I strongly want to make my Rom(s) ally with the Federation.

But the sad fact is, KDF has better universal consoles, and through the lockboxes, gets all the best Fed Consoles, while the Fed still doesn't have 2 (or more) of the KDF's best (at least Plasmonic Leech and Aceton Assimilator).

This is disheartening.
What's disheartening is the general lack of high-tier Fleet goodies on the KDF side that will drive Romulans to ally Fed in droves.
Career Officer
# 16
04-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattimeo97 View Post
What's disheartening is the general lack of high-tier Fleet goodies on the KDF side that will drive Romulans to ally Fed in droves.
As far as Romulans are concerned, KDF and Fed have the exact same fleet stuff except for Elite Weapons, and the KDF have better weapons.
Commander
# 17
04-25-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
As far as Romulans are concerned, KDF and Fed have the exact same fleet stuff except for Elite Weapons, and the KDF have better weapons.
I think you misunderstand, and perhaps that's because I didn't phrase it properly.

Which side do you think has better and broader access to their high-tier holdings rewards? Which side has more fleets available at higher tiers? Hint: It ain't the KDF.
Career Officer
# 18
04-25-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
It's KDF 3 good consoles, Feds get 5 good ones. Still consider it disparity there and you are asking for Feds to get 7 good consoles and leaving KDF with nonsense.
Lol, you do realize you're just saying that overall KDF consoles are better than fed ones right? And you're arguing that the "good stuff" should not be shared!

Well, once they started putting cross faction consoles into lockboxes the genie was out of the bottle, it'd be the epitome of bad PR if the "good stuff" never makes it fed side.

As a sidenote, maybe the anti cloak torp console will get a buff so its actually useful what with all the upcoming full battlecloaking Roms. If they made it a passive ability where a torp was automatically seeking cloaked ships it'd be usefull, give it an internal CD of say... 10 seconds or so and it'd be fine.

BTW, I noticed a few days ago not all torps or at least not all torp like weapons work with it. Go figure eh? Even more fail than advertised lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.
Captain
# 19
04-25-2013, 01:53 PM
There's still a few consoles for the crossfaction thing that can be added to future lockboxes...you guys know there will be future lockboxes, right?

Personally though, I agree that it kind of sucked that they did it the way they did. One can go through and find the various equivocal prices for what a Fed pays or what a KDF pays for the various consoles. It's much cheaper to wait for the KDF consoles to go to the Fed side than to roll KDF to get them.

The same will happen after they've all been proliferated. It will be cheaper to get the consoles on the Fed side. Fed side population will continue to grow. They'll end up getting the most benefit out of the KDF consoles as Romulans.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
I.S.S. Arcadia, Mirror Universe Heavy Cruiser Retrofit
Captain
# 20
04-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
Lol, you do realize you're just saying that overall KDF consoles are better than fed ones right? And you're arguing that the "good stuff" should not be shared!

BTW, I noticed a few days ago not all torps or at least not all torp like weapons work with it. Go figure eh? Even more fail than advertised lol.
Unfortunately some of the ones that are comparable are bound to a specific ship and can't really be shared from the fed side. Should also consider the fact that there seems to be more to take from KDF in terms of consoles, remembering that they have to pay to get science vessels. Thats a problem right there as we can't get anything of equal value in return unless they package a whole ship. Most of this stuff though is at lvl 50 and that is unfair to take that away from Feds.

That's looking at the big picture. Feds seem to want to have everything these days, I think it's time they got a firm no for a change. How long till they start asking for all the Romulan Singularity abilities on a Fed Ship hmm?
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.

Last edited by vitzh; 04-25-2013 at 02:43 PM.