Lt. Commander
# 1 huge loading times!
01-15-2010, 11:09 AM
why does it take 2 mins to load the SB24 ground mission! and when it does load it laggs like hell!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Lucky you, it takes me 2 hours to load sector map ^^

All seriousness, go into the options and turn down your graphics to the lowest setting. The game cant handle anything else while zoning. You can always turn it back up once you've zoned.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2010, 02:44 PM
If his is long loading times are like mine, it's completely independent of graphics settings. I'll have stretches where maps load in 15 seconds or so, then I'll have a span where maps load for 3-5 minutes and result in a disconnect.

My internet connection is stable, considering I'm posting this while I'm loading--ah, this time (just now) I got a "Map Crashed" message upon disconnect. This implies to me it's something server side and is in need of remedy.

Loading back in to bug it.

"Timeout while waiting for gameserver address" this time. So shouldn't be graphics--will try bringing them down for my final test of the evening, but if that doesn't work, well, done testing loading screens for the day.

---

Third edit, holy crap that worked. So, is it server stress that causes that for some reason? Because at almost full graphics, I'm running at 50+ FPS. So it's not a computer issue. This is definitely a bug in need of squashing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Same problem here , Sectormap is loading in seconds (if its loading) then a space mission takes 1 minute to load. Ground/Base mission is mostly ending in disconnect.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-15-2010, 03:18 PM
i just sat at a loading screen for 5 mins yes i timed it only to get kicked off twice WTF guys common had nothing but problems with this game so far
Lt. Commander
just finished the tut, and the sol sector seems to take forever... 15 mins and counting... somethings not right...
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-17-2010, 10:56 AM
belay tht last entry... Sol loads quickly to 50% of the bar then stops... i can't seem to load it at all...