Ensign
# 21 I can use help
04-27-2013, 12:09 AM
I just started playing tonight and I've hit a wall and I'm totally frustrated. I'm doing the quest called Act of Defiance. I've killed all the little Orion ships and found the 2 anomalies, the only Orion ship left is outside the grey zone for this quest, yet it still says I have to defeat the Orion ships. The one left is called "Slavemaster" and is a Battleship. I'm in a tiny little starter ship. What do they want from us? Can someone tell me what I'm supposed to do? THe forum won't even let me start a new thread, or I wouldn't have invaded this one, but I need help and when I call out for help in chat, it goes unanswered.
Captain
# 22
04-27-2013, 01:08 AM
Sometimes the NPC ships will wander outside of the grey indicator, usually the grey area only shows the area where they spawned. Don't be too afraid of coming up against a battleship in an early mission. A lot of the time in the early levels you will come across enemy ships that are quite advanced, but are running weaker than they would otherwise be. This is indicated by a pair of downwards facing chevrons on the NPC's info box when you click on it. It's probably still going to be more challenging than the frigates and lighter ships you've faced before, but you should be able to take it without too much trouble.

I'm about to log in to the game myself, so if you see this and you still need some help, drop me a line (Laurence Corrin@diotw) and I'll come and give you a hand.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Captain
# 23
04-27-2013, 01:11 AM
In case its not been mentioned, the Mirror Universe ships are cheap and easy ways to access a different ship to the one you picked for your RA token ship. Some are worth a single vendoring of a Mk XI deflector, for example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Ensign
# 24
04-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
Sometimes the NPC ships will wander outside of the grey indicator, usually the grey area only shows the area where they spawned. Don't be too afraid of coming up against a battleship in an early mission. A lot of the time in the early levels you will come across enemy ships that are quite advanced, but are running weaker than they would otherwise be. This is indicated by a pair of downwards facing chevrons on the NPC's info box when you click on it. It's probably still going to be more challenging than the frigates and lighter ships you've faced before, but you should be able to take it without too much trouble.

I'm about to log in to the game myself, so if you see this and you still need some help, drop me a line (Laurence Corrin@diotw) and I'll come and give you a hand.
Thank you, Laurence. I tried for a solid hour, but that ship never gets close to destroyed, while my little ship does, then I have to run away. I went off after I posted last night or I would have called for help. I still don't even know how to do that in game. They don't explain that anywhere.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
04-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazrenk View Post
Thank you, Laurence. I tried for a solid hour, but that ship never gets close to destroyed, while my little ship does, then I have to run away. I went off after I posted last night or I would have called for help. I still don't even know how to do that in game. They don't explain that anywhere.
Ah, I wouldn't mind helping you, but one tip for you, if you run from any ship, a timer ticks down and if it's out of combat for too long, it'll fly back to it's spawn point and get full health, thats why it's important to never leave combat for too long, and a small cruiser is easily capable of taking out a battleship if you use your abilities and weapons correctly, shoot me a message (Roseluck@jupiter1122) if you happen to need help, I'm generally on really often, so I'd happily help a new player.
Captain
# 26
04-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazrenk View Post
What's your in game handle? (Character Name@loginname) I can get in touch with you next time I'm in game and see if you still need a hand.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!