Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Here's what I'd like to know. Hop over to the PC & Technical Support forum, and for every page there is, there are about 5-7 threads that have the tag "DEV POST" next to them. Why, is it, that that forums can get the attention of Devs, but this one cannot? I'd think the Gameplay issues would have higher importance over issues with individual computer issues....but maybe I'm just crazy.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-15-2010, 02:57 PM
I don't think it's really fair to say they aren't addressing game breaking bugs when they're really working hard responding to the tickets in the first place. I think Cryptic is doing a great job at the moment and I have to say this is the best open beta experience i've ever had. They have working servers! =)!!!!

Keep your head up and just wait. This is open beta. We're meant to test server load mostly (and obviously report whatever bugs we find). Just remember, this isn't the finished project so expect to make multiple characters sometimes =)

Keep trekking !
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerToter View Post
I don't think it's really fair to say they aren't addressing game breaking bugs when they're really working hard responding to the tickets in the first place. I think Cryptic is doing a great job at the moment and I have to say this is the best open beta experience i've ever had. They have working servers! =)!!!!

Keep your head up and just wait. This is open beta. We're meant to test server load mostly (and obviously report whatever bugs we find). Just remember, this isn't the finished project so expect to make multiple characters sometimes =)

Keep trekking !
Sorry, DerToter, I can't agree with you. This is my fourth Cryptic beta (City of Heroes, City of Villains, Champions Online, and now, Star Trek Online), and this is by far the worst one to date. Both of the City of ______ betas were very good. Solid play cycles, fast response times from GMs, and at least one to two patches during a play session where it would tell you "We've updated the client to fix numerous issues. Please log out and update your client." Champions online was so-so in regards to it's beta...play sessions were short but allowed for ample testing. Bug reporting worked the same way, and response times were mediocre.

STO's beta, so far, has been rather bad. Lots of bugs made it out of closed beta, and assistance from the game's support teams has been pathetic so far. In the 3 days since the start of beta, there have been no real patches released, just a few little ones that came with Emergency Maintaince.

If not for the lousy support, I'd be recommending to my friends to come join in the beta. They'd love the game, but not the lack of support from the Developers/Game Masters. And that's what makes a beta successful...when the players and the developers work together to fix the game for release. So far, there's been none of that.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manbencen View Post
When I go on to view my ticket, I double click my ticket I want to view. From there you should be able to scroll up and down on any response that was given. In my case it was just a generic response that I was paraphrasing in the post here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticrevenant View Post
Have you looked in the My Tickets window? It's the last option on the menu that appears when you press the little green Bug button.
Thanks. Some days I'm blinder than others. :p
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticrevenant View Post
STO's beta, so far, has been rather bad. Lots of bugs made it out of closed beta, and assistance from the game's support teams has been pathetic so far.
I initially couldn't believe it when starting up the game and logging in already triggers two bugs without doing anything else (login screen has fed + klingons over each other, load screen shows a 4:3 picture with a flickering border on my 16:9 display). How can this even happen seeing as there *was* a closed beta? Then the amount of bugs that are still in there just two weeks before release is simply staggering, from large numbers of simple typos to gamebreaking exploits... STO has it all.

But well let's see what the game looks like end of next week...