Captain
Cryptic, please consider allowing the Experimental Proton Weapon to use Beam Target Subsystem attacks. Every other power was added via set bonuses to this weapon, yet subsystem attacks were excluded. Without the ability to use subsystem disabling attacks, this weapon is useless on a science vessel, which is quite a shame given the fact that the torpedo is very science oriented.
Captain
# 2
10-29-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Cryptic, please consider allowing the Experimental Proton Weapon to use Beam Target Subsystem attacks. Every other power was added via set bonuses to this weapon, yet subsystem attacks were excluded. Without the ability to use subsystem disabling attacks, this weapon is useless on a science vessel, which is quite a shame given the fact that the torpedo is very science oriented.
CSV and BO cannot be used with the weapon either. Would you like to add those too?
Republic Veteran
# 3
10-29-2013, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
CSV and BO cannot be used with the weapon either. Would you like to add those too?
Does the Proton Experimental Weapon interact with all beam and cannon bridge officer powers?

Below is a breakdown of bridge officer abilities that are compatible with this weapon:

Beam: Overload
Cannon: Scatter Volley
Energy Weapons: Singularity Overcharge
Beam: Fire At Will
Requires the 2-piece set bonus from the ?Protonic Arsenal Set?
Cannon: Rapid Fire
Requires the 3-piece set bonus from the ?Protonic Arsenal Set?

Actually it kinda does work with everything except TSS...

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1017171
Empire Veteran
# 4
10-29-2013, 09:29 AM
I guess they are treating it much like the KCB in that regard.

But letting it use Target X would be nice.

Captain
# 5
10-29-2013, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I guess they are treating it much like the KCB in that regard.

But letting it use Target X would be nice.
It makes no sense though, they give it access to every beam and cannon power except the power that will help science vessels.
Ensign
# 6
02-01-2014, 10:00 AM
Makes more sense especially now with the new Dyson ships and anniversary ship...
Ensign
# 7
02-05-2014, 01:35 AM
Yes, I also find it incredibly stupid that the weapon can't use Target Subsystems, but is able to use every other beam AND cannon skill (whether that requires set gear or not, it's possible).

Cryptic, please reconsider adding Target Subsystem to this weapon.
Career Officer
# 8
02-05-2014, 02:50 AM
Just a single extra weapon isn't gonna make all that much of a difference to your Beam: Target X attacks.

Besides, the EPW is kind of a mixed bag. It's a kinda beam, but it can do CRF (Wut?). It can do CRF, but no CSV. It can do BFAW, but not Beam: Target X.

Tl;dr: you win some, you lose some.
Captain
# 9
02-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
It can do CRF, but no CSV.
It can CSV just fine. It doesn't need anything at all to CSV, which is why it is not mentioned in the set boosts.
Career Officer
# 10
02-06-2014, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
It can CSV just fine. It doesn't need anything at all to CSV, which is why it is not mentioned in the set boosts.
Are you sure about this?! I currently have it equipped even, on my Mobius, and it doesn't appear to be doing CSV at all.