Former PWE Community Team Lead
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, April 25th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 2
04-24-2013, 06:06 PM
Is this due to the problems with the server that I seem to have been experiencing?

Every login attempt I have made today has been unsuccessful within 0-15 mins of logging in!

Thanks!

Peter.
Captain
# 3
04-24-2013, 06:12 PM
If you guys can make Holodeck as stable as Tribble is right now, I would be forever indebted to you.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Commander
# 4
04-24-2013, 06:27 PM
thanks bran.
this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.

LLAP, everyone.
Career Officer
# 5
04-24-2013, 06:35 PM
good to see server stability fixes, but how about just getting better quality servers to handle heavier loads, especially with LoR not to farther off. Can only do these fixes so much, no?
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlocutusofborgx View Post
good to see server stability fixes, but how about just getting better quality servers to handle heavier loads, especially with LoR not to farther off. Can only do these fixes so much, no?
thatll require somewhere batween 4-12 hours just to do that with all the data that the game has.

also the little hamsters they have might want new running mates with those new servers
Career Officer
# 7
04-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Server stability improvements? I'll believe it when I see it!
@HyperLimited
Career Officer
# 8 Think guys
04-24-2013, 06:57 PM
Guys, This always happens the month before a release. The main Server lags, and there is instability. I honestly believe it is because they are already building background into the system for the new release. Just ride it out like we do twice a year and let it move forward.

If you haven't been in on the closed beta for the Romulan faction. Let me say ... It is worth the problems. AWESOME so far.
Stonewall@LordHarconan

Lifetime Member
Vice Admiral of the Omega Family Fleet
(228 members and growing)
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-24-2013, 07:13 PM
No Spoilers Dagnabbit!
Career Officer
# 10
04-24-2013, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofthar View Post
Guys, This always happens the month before a release. The main Server lags, and there is instability. I honestly believe it is because they are already building background into the system for the new release. Just ride it out like we do twice a year and let it move forward.

If you haven't been in on the closed beta for the Romulan faction. Let me say ... It is worth the problems. AWESOME so far.
i cant make that determination unless i get access..

as of the instability, i have not noticed since the last patch. my main computer before last weeks patch just couldnt play the game, but now i have figured out what the problem was, isolated it and removed it, the game now plays on my main computer, but i do not know if a recent patch has corrected it through stability fix or my own fix.
A stability fix is fine but it has been my experience in MMOs i have seen that putting a stability fix in place now probably wont make any difference and will likely require another one before long when LoR is released.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T5 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T5 ship.

Last edited by mirrorchaos; 04-24-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Closed Thread