Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Game Play
01-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Am I being ripped off here, first I don't get beta key till 3 days ago even though I purchaced the delux edition as soon as it came available, second I get the beta key I register it I get to the charachter creations screen make a character only to find that the game freezes on the load screen, now EVERY time I go to log in I get server busy, WHAT THE HELL, I have had 0 game play time, this isn't right, not in the least all I want to do is see if this stupid game is worth the freaking money it sounds good but I haven't even had the chance to even see my charachter off the creation screen. I WANT TO PLAY THE DAMN GAME...FIX IT!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-18-2010, 04:54 AM
Please accept that in the current state the game still is BETA.

Cryptic has filled an order for new server so the login-issue will be gone for good for some time, but till then you have to try to login or wait till BETA ends at 27.02.2010 and the prelaunch starts at 28.02.2010.

Official release is 02.02.2010.


EDIT: BTW, all your merits and charaters might be deleted at the end of BETA.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3 free online game
01-18-2010, 05:35 AM
if you want to play some exciting online games without paying anything then [edit] should be right one for you because last when i visited this site i found it so interesting. there are several of games in this site which will be enjoyable for you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-18-2010, 06:31 AM
Quote:
BTW, all your merits and charaters might be deleted at the end of BETA.
Yeah they have already said everything (All progress) will be wiped as soon as beta ends ready to begin again at head start.

Cryptic have made several posts about the server issue and are doing all they can to fix it and all the bugs that we beta testers find. Beta is not for you to get a free demo of the game it's so they can find the bugs and fix them intime for head start and full launch. Untill then just be patiant or don't play. Another good idea is to check the forum to see if your problem is mentioned instead of creating yet another topic complaining. You telling them what everyone else has told them wont get anything fixed quicker.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-18-2010, 02:01 PM
I do accept that this is a BETA, I know there are going to be bugs and that they will need to be fixed, but I did at the very least expect that I would al the VERY LEAST be able to move my bloody charachter a few freaking steps. no one else seems to be having all of these issues and my computer meets all the posted requirements, I have even tried it on my desktop as well and still getting the same ERRORS. another this is that cryptic assigned BETA keys to each preorder vendor, how freaking stupid do you have to be to assign a certain number of keys out to vendors and NOT have a server capable of handling everyone playing, that's just poor planing and straight up negligence. also I have no issues with PAYING to play the game but the simple fact is I have filed tickets from the STO website and no one has gotten back to me it's in 4 days if this is the level of support I can expect from an amature opperation such as this then I WILL NOT be spending the money on a supscription and will NEVER touch a single CRYPTIC product and I will make sure to spread the word to all my family and friends.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldon1
I do accept that this is a BETA, I know there are going to be bugs and that they will need to be fixed, but I did at the very least expect that I would al the VERY LEAST be able to move my bloody charachter a few freaking steps. no one else seems to be having all of these issues and my computer meets all the posted requirements, I have even tried it on my desktop as well and still getting the same ERRORS. another this is that cryptic assigned BETA keys to each preorder vendor, how freaking stupid do you have to be to assign a certain number of keys out to vendors and NOT have a server capable of handling everyone playing, that's just poor planing and straight up negligence. also I have no issues with PAYING to play the game but the simple fact is I have filed tickets from the STO website and no one has gotten back to me it's in 4 days if this is the level of support I can expect from an amature opperation such as this then I WILL NOT be spending the money on a supscription and will NEVER touch a single CRYPTIC product and I will make sure to spread the word to all my family and friends.
see ya then.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-18-2010, 02:32 PM
In an interview the Star Trek Online Executive Producer Craig Zinkievich talks about the current state of Star Trek Online, and what the future holds.

Quote:
Stability and Performance

Where the heck did you all come from!?!

Reality has exceeded even our wildest expectations. We looked at numbers from Closed Beta, numbers from games we've worked on in the past, and some numbers that float around the games industry. Based on those numbers, we predicted that about 65% of the keys we generated would eventually turn into active players (some keys never get delivered, others are lost in spam boxes, some are never redeemed, etc.). And, we predicted about 1/6 of those redeemed keys would turn into players that game at the same time. It's what we call our concurrent users or CCU, for short.

The actual numbers crushed our predictions.

So, we tore apart our logs and began doing a lot of extra optimization work even while we stumbled upon some truly bizarre crashes that can only appear with this sort of load. The result? The shard has been steadily improving over the first few days of Open Beta. Given the hardware we're adding and a couple more fixes we have in the pipe, shard performance and stability should continue to improve over the coming week.
Like they said most "Open Beta" game codes are just binned (With about 1 in 6 being used.)
Their mistake was that they didn't know how popular this game would turn out to be.
I only hope other games that are based on something with a cult following learns from this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-19-2010, 01:59 AM
cool so there fixing the loggin problem thats GREAT, but what about the game CONSTANTLY FREEZING in the same place for me, I have done EVERYTHING I can think of and I still to this day haven't seen a damn thing past the first load screen I have been through these forums up down and sideways and NO ONE seems to be experiencing this same issue for this long, yes occasional freezes and crashes are posted but all of them happen at different times in different places, with me it's the EXACT SAME PLACE, AT THE EXACT SAME POINT, and I have YET to hear anything from cryptic tech support

and P.S.

AUPilotAU>you're just an *******
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-19-2010, 02:21 AM
I'm using a rig that shouldn't even play the game and it's doing okay. Yeah I get booted occasionally, I also get connection errors etc.. but that's what it's all about, finding these things out. You state you're a long-time MMO player, if that is so - none of this will be a shock to you. Please contnue to use RANDOM capitilisation throughout your posts, reallly - it makes them interesting to read. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldon1
cool so there fixing the loggin problem thats GREAT, but what about the game CONSTANTLY FREEZING in the same place for me, I have done EVERYTHING I can think of and I still to this day haven't seen a damn thing past the first load screen I have been through these forums up down and sideways and NO ONE seems to be experiencing this same issue for this long, yes occasional freezes and crashes are posted but all of them happen at different times in different places, with me it's the EXACT SAME PLACE, AT THE EXACT SAME POINT, and I have YET to hear anything from cryptic tech support

and P.S.

AUPilotAU>you're just an *******
Thanks!! I'm glad you feel that way!! And I wasn't even trying this time!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:03 PM.