Captain
# 51
04-29-2013, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfomega View Post
This is not about BO skills which may not proc. BO doesn't count.
No offense intended, but kinda dumb of a statement.

A BO can just as well be a measurement for a disruptor proc, and especially with such an amount of sample rates. And what you imply is incorrect. Procs happen at the beginning of every weapon cycle if they do, and having beam overloads as test doesnt change anything about that.

I took BO test samples out of the log as an INDICATOR , that doesnt mean that non of my other Disruptor weapons didnt fire in the first place which easily made my Disruptors proc at the moment of Alphastriking.

If you have better samples to work with by all means show them.
Don't get too influenced by your crazy fleet leader.

Last edited by darkfader1988; 04-29-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-29-2013, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post

A BO can just as well be a measurement for a disruptor proc, and especially with such an amount of sample rates. And what you imply is incorrect. Procs happen at the beginning of every weapon cycle if they do, and having beam overloads as test doesnt change anything about that.

I took BO test samples out of the log as an INDICATOR , that doesnt mean that non of my other Disruptor weapons didnt fire in the first place which easily made my Disruptors proc at the moment of Alphastriking.

Darkfader while i am unsure what tfomega is saying with the BO i assure you that the disruptor debuff is higher for disruptor dammage then the other weapon types.

I'm not sure if the proc is supposed to do that or not but it does actually increase the dammage not just the tooltip.

Darkfader are you saying that it doesnt increase the debuff to disruptor or that it is just a tooltip error and gives the same resist debuff for all weapon types?
Career Officer
# 53
04-29-2013, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post

I am not being influenced by anyone.. I can see for myself. And there are independent sources within this thread whom you can also confer with, because they are seeing the same thing. Please don't take offense, but it isn't difficult to see the double disruptor damage debuff once the proc is applied.

Either the tooltip should be updated to say (base unbuffed values) -11.2 all damage resistance debuff applied to target, plus additional -11.2 disruptor damage resistance debuff

--OR --

the effect should match the tooltip and the extra disruptor debuff be removed.
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Captain
# 54
04-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timejumpers View Post
Darkfader while i am unsure what tfomega is saying with the BO i assure you that the disruptor debuff is higher for disruptor dammage then the other weapon types.

I'm not sure if the proc is supposed to do that or not but it does actually increase the dammage not just the tooltip.

Darkfader are you saying that it doesnt increase the debuff to disruptor or that it is just a tooltip error and gives the same resist debuff for all weapon types?
Yes i see that, and i dont dismiss the possibility that it actually does debuff more versus disruptors either, so no i do not imply that.

Like i said again, i dont dismiss the possibilty, i just havent had indication in any of my logs that disruptors are more powerful then phasers, in fact all the highest spikes on DHc and my BO's were all for phasers. But yes I have seen the defense tab values being off compared to other weapontypes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfomega View Post
I am not being influenced by anyone.. I can see for myself. And there are independent sources within this thread whom you can also confer with, because they are seeing the same thing. Please don't take offense, but it isn't difficult to see the double disruptor damage debuff once the proc is applied.

Either the tooltip should be updated to say (base unbuffed values) -11.2 all damage resistance debuff applied to target, plus additional -11.2 disruptor damage resistance debuff

--OR --

the effect should match the tooltip and the extra disruptor debuff be removed.
Ok good to hear, and yes I did take notice of the weird number behavior. But even if it does debuff more on the target vs Disruptor damage, it might have been intended this way?

So far I will stick with Phasers as my primary weapon and Polarons are still very nice as well, for my build it really dosnt matter anyway Id rather have a nice shield proc or engine proc with 0% bonus defense on target

Lets see it in a different perspective, if we never noticed the inconsistency in the bonus defense tab, would this thread even exist? doubt it. Nobody would notice.

On another note, this might only be one of the big examples where numbers/descriptions do not actually reflect how stuff works. Check Attack pattern omega for instance, it says increased bonus defense for 5 seconds. But in fact the duration is for the full 15 seconds for the bonus defense boost.

Should we just say lets all stop using Omega or you are having an unfair advantage?

Last edited by darkfader1988; 04-29-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Captain
# 55
04-29-2013, 10:58 AM
Funny lots of KDF gets accused of exploiting this by using disruptors even though lots of us just use it to make our ships look canon. It doesn't look right for my BOP to shoot purple or blue or whatever so no chance I'll stop using them.
Captain
# 56
04-29-2013, 11:17 AM
There is no exploit here... What is there to be accused of ?

LoL

Disruptors are little changed in 3 years folks.

The defense tab has ALWAYS stated double proc for disruptors.

Frankly even with a double they still sort of suck.... crazy but true. There debuff still runs up against all the armour stacking that goes on in this game... when you count the reduction vs the high diminishing return values already on peoples resistances.... disruptors gain very little extra dmg off of the difference between proced and unproced hits. lol

Phasers polarons... and in a lot of cases even tetryon is a more useful proc.

This is also the only proc in the game that doesn't really stack. (the phaser immunity thing is exploitable in its own way)

An entire team shooting disruptors is shooting itself in the foot.... a team all carrying any of the types I already mentioned is magnitudes more deadly. lol
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Career Officer
# 57
04-29-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Funny lots of KDF gets accused of exploiting this by using disruptors even though lots of us just use it to make our ships look canon. It doesn't look right for my BOP to shoot purple or blue or whatever so no chance I'll stop using them.
Not only that, it's been this way for a very long time.

It's only been noticed, just recently, by...some players.

These players have clearly blown the issue way out of proportion, whether it is WAI or not.

Feel free to continue to shoot me with Disruptors.

Lt. Commander
# 58
04-29-2013, 11:35 AM
Can we get a dev to chime in on this it would clear alot of things up?
Captain
# 59
04-29-2013, 11:41 AM
I heard on OPvP that [Dmg] mods make disruptor proc stac additional times, any truth to this?
If so Dmg might be a highly underated mod.
Captain
# 60
04-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
I heard on OPvP that [Dmg] mods make disruptor proc stac additional times, any truth to this?
If so Dmg might be a highly underated mod.
There is absolutely no indication of that, you probably misread and the guy probably said that [dmg] mod boosted the Resistance proc of disruptors, that is true.

Additionally APA, Omega, GDF, and all other buffs that directly buff raw dmg buff disruptor proc as well.