Captain
# 11
04-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
What?? No! Why? They already took the Jupiter out of the game, why the Typhoon? You would think with all the threads that have been around since the launch of the game asking for it to be playable, they would at least keep it in as an NPC...
The Typhoon was a low poly-count ship they kit-bashed as a filler ship for the game. If they do a Typhoon it will be a new design - which Geko says will look cooler then the current kit-based version. Any NPC ships would use the new version once it was completed.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 12
04-25-2013, 01:16 AM
Not sure I like the bit where he says they're going to account-ban people that use the foundry to grind.
Captain
# 13
04-25-2013, 01:40 AM
What continues a grind thou. . I often play lots on the foundry because I get bored easy with grinding the rest of the game. . . So. . .
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .
Empire Veteran
# 14
04-25-2013, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcadia View Post
Not sure I like the bit where he says they're going to account-ban people that use the foundry to grind.
I wouldn't be too concerned about what a developer says on a non-official website. Cryptic created this situation themselves with the update on February 14th. More than two months later they haven't rolled back that update or even attempted to shut down the foundry which sends a clear signal they don't really care. If they were to start punishing their customers for their own faulty implementation of game mechanics, I predict a serious public relations issue and they have never done anything remotely that stupid on earlier occasions. They fix the error, leave their customers alone and prepare for another currency conversion to clean up the mess.
Captain
# 15
04-25-2013, 02:32 AM
Really wish Hav didn't go on about that bloody Alien Gen thing. He behaved childishly and it made it hard to listen to the show.
Captain
# 16
04-25-2013, 03:22 AM
I can't listen for something that long... but if they ban foundry grind, then I sure hope their system is acurate.

I usually played less then 1 foundry mission per month, but now i know to avoid them like a plague.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
04-25-2013, 03:30 AM
Meh could of done without the Alien Gen topic coming up that many times... I can understand their pow with the romulan republic.

I like my typhoons as they are... what could be better?

Last edited by thay8472; 04-25-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Captain
# 18
04-25-2013, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
Really wish Hav didn't go on about that bloody Alien Gen thing. He behaved childishly and it made it hard to listen to the show.
I agree. It felt like listening to a stubborn child who keeps nagging until he gets his ice cream cone...

While there was a bit of interesting stuff in that interview - less then out of the average, monthly "ask cryptic" -, it mostly just seemed like a four-hour platform for the interviewers to present their ideas as to where the game was supposed to be headed, reheating a lot of stuff from the last interview, while not really being interested in getting information out of Gecko that might have been interesting to the whole community.
Ensign
# 19
04-25-2013, 04:57 AM
I really do think that they should just stop overcomplicating the foundry rewards, and just put the wrapper back.

Everyone was content to do 3 missions in return for their dil, then cryptic remove that and make it dil per mission, and that's when the grinds started in earnest..
Career Officer
# 20
04-25-2013, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
I can't listen for something that long... but if they ban foundry grind, then I sure hope their system is acurate.
Geko is referring to a very blatant exploit that appeared in the last couple of weeks. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry about it.