Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
In light of the possibility of promoting too soon and having thier resources stripped by any member they are shy about moving to quickly?

Given that they threatened to increase the payment amount because you keep pushing may be a sign of such missgivings as stated above.

Or you could just be dealing with egoes of those above you in the fleet.

I would say find a new fleet that fits you better.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
04-25-2013, 05:56 AM
Any fleet that does not allow people to buy what they created is not worth joining
Empire Veteran
# 13
04-25-2013, 06:10 AM
Our fleet promotes members once a month. The first rank of associate is restricted and it is a trial period, after that first month you are promoted and have access to fleet stores and bank tabs.

No contribution limits, everyone is treated equally.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
04-25-2013, 06:32 AM
if you need weapons or somethin contact me in game @Wenom_Lord fed/kdf
OLD > JHAS - Battle Bug [Fed]
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-25-2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfoot006 View Post
Can't speak as to the the Fleet Ships. Never had one. What I will say about the Fleet ships is this: You spend all that Dilithium and time to get a Starbase to T5. Then, you spend about US $20.00 for the Modules. Next, you spend still more Dilithium to get a ship which is only 10% better statwise than a normal T5 version of the same ship? Seems legit. Yeah. "Hidden costs? WhatChuTalkinBoutWillis?" lol

I had a complete set of Advanced Fleet Weapons for my Kamarag class cruiser. Three Disruptor DHC's fore. Three turrets aft. One Photon Torp Launcher each for the remaining slots fore and aft. I wasn't all that impressed after awhile. Didn't seem to do much more damage than my Mk XII purple kit. I'm not a min/maxer and I don't have one of those nifty combat parsers mounted either. All I can go by is what happened during a mission or STF. I seemed to be shooting more often and doing less damage with the Fleet weapons as opposed to "regular" Mk XII purple weapons.
LOL - avg cost of the Jem Bug is $300 - three HUNDRED dollars!!!
Captain
# 16
04-25-2013, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious09 View Post
the fleet I am in keeps raising the bar for promotion, first it was 30k, then 50k, now 75k.
I quit the fleet I was in because of this "changing goal posts" problem. Except it started at 75K and was being pushed up to 200K, and people who previously had earned store access would be demoted instead of grandfathered.

I would rather not be in a fleet at all than to be teased or lied to.The incremental performance gains are not worth the drama.
Rihannsu
# 17
04-25-2013, 08:04 AM
SVR is always willing to help out KDF making purchases. Just contact me in game @havam and i can check if we can proivde you with what you need.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
04-25-2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
I quit the fleet I was in because of this "changing goal posts" problem. Except it started at 75K and was being pushed up to 200K, and people who previously had earned store access would be demoted instead of grandfathered.

I would rather not be in a fleet at all than to be teased or lied to.The incremental performance gains are not worth the drama.
Good more, now you can move forward and find a decent fleet. There are plenty of Fleets to choose from here http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79

All the best.
MY PERSONAL TIMES: ISE:12:39 - KASE: 11:46
Career Officer
# 19
04-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
So far as I have seen the UFP fleets dont have any real restrictions.

Outside of a 2 week waiting period which you can bypass by asking on their forums I have not been restricted from buying anything.
This is correct. We previously had no restrictions at all, but was forced to implement the waiting period due to that policy being abused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
They have 6 or 7 active fleet as gar as I can remember with the klingon fleet prety close to t5. Ive been on my romulan so I dont really know where they are.
We currently have 3 active Fleets - a Fed for main characters (T5), a Fed for alts (T?), and a KDF (T4, I think?). We have 2 Fleets with (I believe) T2 or T3 set aside for Romulan Fed and KDF characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious09 View Post
I mean, there are far less KDF players I would think you want to keep members not alienate them.
That is precisely why those members of the UFP who mainly play KDF are rather enthusiastic about welcoming new members. Do feel free to check out our website! (It's less intimidating/complicated than it may seem at first.)

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 20
04-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Sounds like your fleet is pretty fail imo. Join a PvP Fleet, they generally look after their members and don't tread on them, plus put fleet banks to much better use with equipment you actually need. However they probably won't let you buy advanced fleet weapons because they are godawful. Seriously, avoid advanced gear. A pvp fleet are more likely to get you setup with stuff that isn't a waste of resources.

Promotion in a fleet should not be centered around the starbase, but of the personality and contributions of the person.
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.