Lt. Commander
I am hoping a Dev will read this it might help! I have been in C/B for about 6 weeks prior to O/B launch. I never had any ping, lag or disconnected from server issues. Please also note I have not changed anything on my computer. Since O/B launch I am having dreadful issues. Now I know this is beta I accept this. However this might help.

I have been using /netgraph 1 this displays the ping and spikes while playing .My Ping for starts is very erratic. It variants whilst stationary from 166 to around 350. However I get random spikes up to about 2000. Also when ever in a group it constantly spikes to 2000+ and on load screens will hit 4000+. This is normally accompanied with Server not responding. I have asked some US players to monitor their systems and although they also get some ping spikes the maximum I have been told is 400 during a load screen.

To help all the devs out can more people having the same issue use the about chat shortcut and post here to attempt to create a picture of when and where the spikes are happening and to who.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Unless you are currently in orbit around the moon, 4 second ping is more likely the client blocking as it loads a new map file ;-) (or with a group, getting overloaded trying to process the extra dataflow).
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
Unless you are currently in orbit around the moon, 4 second ping is more likely the client blocking as it loads a new map file ;-) (or with a group, getting overloaded trying to process the extra dataflow).
Is there anything we on the client side can do to fix this? Or is this a known bug that will be fix?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnDog View Post
I am hoping a Dev will read this it might help! I have been in C/B for about 6 weeks prior to O/B launch. I never had any ping, lag or disconnected from server issues. Please also note I have not changed anything on my computer. Since O/B launch I am having dreadful issues. Now I know this is beta I accept this. However this might help.

I have been using /netgraph 1 this displays the ping and spikes while playing .My Ping for starts is very erratic. It variants whilst stationary from 166 to around 350. However I get random spikes up to about 2000. Also when ever in a group it constantly spikes to 2000+ and on load screens will hit 4000+. This is normally accompanied with Server not responding. I have asked some US players to monitor their systems and although they also get some ping spikes the maximum I have been told is 400 during a load screen.

To help all the devs out can more people having the same issue use the about chat shortcut and post here to attempt to create a picture of when and where the spikes are happening and to who.
I've been using the same tools and can confirm these findings (when I can actually log in)

if there is anything that we can do from this end.. please let us know
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Is there anything we on the client side can do to fix this? Or is this a known bug that will be fix?
We are working to speed up loading, though seeing a 4-second pause during loading is probably not all that bad. Lag caused by teaming is a bug, and is being continually improved.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Thanks for your help coderanger. Just to clarify the 4000k during the load screen is nearly always accompanied by a disconnection from sever. And it does also not just last a short period. Normally I have to close STO and start again or get booted.

Dont know if that makes any difference or helps at all

P.s i dont live on the moon but it has been awfully cold and dark here in the UK over the past week with the weather lol
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-15-2010, 01:11 PM
I hope they is something we can do, the first night was the best for me but now if i manage to log on i get dc'd at every loading screen
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnDog View Post
Thanks for your help coderanger. Just to clarify the 4000k during the load screen is nearly always accompanied by a disconnection from sever. And it does also not just last a short period. Normally I have to close STO and start again or get booted.

Dont know if that makes any difference or helps at all

P.s i dont live on the moon but it has been awfully cold and dark here in the UK over the past week with the weather lol
i'm uk aswell and i haven't experianced nearly as many problems some others have. i have only been disconnected twice and both times we're on open beta launch day. my ping rarely goes abve 600 (and that is very very very rare)