Career Officer
# 11
04-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
Is this not how all wars should be fought? Afternoon tea must be had.
Indeed! The British fought like this for centuries, and it won them an empire! "Oh, there isn't any war when the clock strikes four: everything stops for tea!"
Captain
# 12
04-25-2013, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
Yep, the KDF/Fed war is the strangest one in history.

"We will fight only in designated areas. On Tuesdays. After tea."
Might quote this in my signature, so much truth in the statement! XD I just imagined both parties saying that wearing tophats and monocles smoking a cigar....
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Republic Veteran
# 13
04-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonium View Post
Indeed! The British fought like this for centuries, and it won them an empire! "Oh, there isn't any war when the clock strikes four: everything stops for tea!"
As long as it's Tea, it's Earl Grey, and it damn well better be hot.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Captain
# 14
04-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
As long as it's Tea, it's Earl Grey, and it damn well better be hot.
Huzzah! War as it should be!

Rihannsu
# 15
04-25-2013, 12:31 PM
Historically speaking.... wars haven't aways been brutal slugfests where both sides battle to the finish. People read about WW2 and get a mistaken impression. The reason for a war is what dictates the intensity of the war. For another example.... look at North Korea. When did the Korean war end?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-25-2013, 12:58 PM
One of the big reasons the Dstal said that they wanted to keep a two faction system was to make pvp better in the game. I think Cryptic is serious about jump starting pvp back to life in the game and that might include territory control pvp depending if the pvp update is successful. Its made clear in game that Romulan captains can fight each other.
Captain
# 17
04-25-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlion619 View Post
One of the big reasons the Dstal said that they wanted to keep a two faction system was to make pvp better in the game. I think Cryptic is serious about jump starting pvp back to life in the game and that might include territory control pvp depending if the pvp update is successful. Its made clear in game that Romulan captains can fight each other.
Geko spent time talking about PvP changes in the podcast yesterday. Yes, PvP is looking at a revamp in the future - the first step in the ladder, with Territory Control being potential additional steps.

Cryptic only wants 2 PvP Factions in the game. They don't want to fragment the fan-base any further then it already is. We already hear about the 82/18, they don't want to start hearing about the 66/17/17.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 18
04-25-2013, 01:11 PM
If I'm honest, neither side appears to really wants to go full on war with each other (And I can see why that makes from a logical, strategic and military point of view). They should really expand on the Kerrat scenario because ironically, that warzone makes the most sense in this situation. They are competing powers, fighting over strategic and vital objectives but cannot engage each other in full on warfare as it's a Mutually Assured Destruction Scenario. Pretty much it's turned into a Cold War. If they had fully realised the potential of that and hammered it in as the current situation then I think people would be less annoyed about the concept of "Why are we fighting?" They fight little proxy battles round the side but if either one of them got down to serious fighting both the federation and klingons would be wiped off the face of the galaxy. Federation first, then Klingons after they severely crippled whatever managed to beat them. Qa'pla!

That said pvp still needs a revamp, sorry but 50 is a joke, it's beyond a joke. It's also become quite boring.

Captain
# 19
04-25-2013, 02:47 PM
It's a time thing. People often forget that.

Say you've got a level 50 sitting there. They've played through all the content. They're grinding away/farming stuff now.

You create a new toon. That new toon does not exist at the same point in time as the level 50. That new toon can play through the content and catch up in time with that original level 50, but until that new toon does - they exist at different points in time.

At the time that you're picking your faction as a Romulan, the Federation and KDF are not in the same state of relations as they are when that toon is level 50.

Every time you hit up Ker'rat, you're going back in time.

Every time you hit up the queues, it may be a case of going back in time or it may be no differently than FvF...just training exercises.

Geko even talked about how the years have actually passed for a character as they level and play through things...but the game itself, it's still 2409. Might be 2411 for a character, but because of the way new characters enter the game and play through the story...

...it's what happens with a themepark. It's why temporal stuff gave Janeway a headache.
Captain
# 20
04-25-2013, 04:54 PM
Sorry but I was trying to take this topic seriously but all I can think about is tea now. Anyone fancy a teaparty on tribble later?

Mean this can wait, in 3 years time they might make it a full independent faction and bring a fourth in game; but in meantime, earl grey?