Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
I'm not sure what changes have gone into the game in the last 3 months regarding doff assignments, but the reward percentages shown bear no relation to what you actually get. For example, the "Asylum in Earth/Vulcan/Andoria" ones. Using the right refugees you're supposed to get blues about 50% of the time and purples 17% of the time. In reality it's more like 45% blue 45% green 5% no reward and 5% purple. In all honesty, I don't think you programmed the rewards in a fair simple way (Randomize according to the percentages and let fate decide). I think you gave some kind of weights so that purple rewards would be hard to get regardless of the actual percentages in the assignment.

Updated: Only complaint is with the Vulcan one now.

Last edited by lucho80; 05-30-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Commander
# 2
04-27-2013, 11:25 PM
see I don't get that. i'll send the worst dudes with the wrong traits on assignment and get critical near everytime. send my ferengi security officer to confiscate contraband. I mean cmon..
Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!

Last edited by lykum; 04-27-2013 at 11:27 PM. Reason: keep saying same **** 2 times 2 times
Captain
# 3
05-07-2013, 07:45 PM
I've been getting help from some fleet members that practically play this all day every day to gather stats. Sufficely to say, for Earth, Andoria, and Vulcan using the correct species doff refugees from the chains (17% crit), the no officer and green results are right on the money, but purples seem to be coming up around 10% on average combining observations for all (same probabilities means I can do that). Even if I leave the results separate, none of them come close to 17%. Best result was Andoria with 14% crit. The other two got stuck in the mid 9% area.
Captain
# 4
05-07-2013, 07:48 PM
By the way, I'm not complaining about other assignments. I run the console building one constantly and no complaints there. Heck, I get tac consoles more often than some poor guy who posted some stats a while ago.
Commander
# 5
05-07-2013, 08:17 PM
roll of the dice really. however, I do notice what your saying.. if I run purple doffs the chances for critical actually DROP and you won't see critical as often it seems. However running officers with lesser qualities does seem to appear to have an effect on your chances for a doff assignment critical. It does not appear to be assignment specific either as ALL doff assignments appear to be affected by this. Definitely something to consider when assigning doffs for assignment I've come to notice!
Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!
Lieutenant
# 6
05-08-2013, 03:27 AM
Just bear this in mind...: some duty officer assignments are dependant on the profession of your duty officer, other assignments are more dependant on the TRAITS of your duty officer and then even other assignments give critical success with just the rarity of the duty officer.

But I also seem to notice that this is a guessing game (its some kind of a lottery in fact... the chances you can get something are set more or less; the only thing you can do is manipulating the success rate and the crit, but in general its kinda fixed...)

On the other hand I am no game developer nor a techie so I might be wrong on that second part I said...
Captain
# 7
05-08-2013, 06:33 AM
I use the correct colonial chain doffs for the asylums so I'm not just throwing random doffs at the assignments.
Earth - Jeffrey/Neva
Andoria - Thylos/Rysva
Vulcan - Kaas/T'Pel
So no, the crit % doesn't ever vary for me on those.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-09-2013, 09:32 AM
For me, asylum and officer exchange in the Beta Ursea sector assignments seem to be reversely proportional to the doff color.

Twice, I've used purple refugees. Once, I got a white doff as a reward and the other time, I got no reward at all (in spite of having 2 traits for critical each of those two times).

On the other hand, using white refugees gave me a few purple doffs in the past.

So getting a purple refugee is like a curse for me.

On exchange assignments, if I use a blue doff, not only will I get a green one in return but it will be a civilian more often than not.
Lieutenant
# 9
05-23-2013, 05:54 PM
A lot of toons contributed to this data. Glad Fed aligned Romulans toons added more data at the very end. It seems the crit was nerfed somehow and just made to default to blue. You sometimes get to 17% just to get shot down again, but blue stays higher than 50% always.

Doffs used:
Earth - Jeffrey/Neva
Andoria - Thylos/Rysva
Vulcan - Kaas/T'Pel

Assignments:
Asylum on Earth
Outcome Frequency Percent Sto pct
Purple 29 16.2% 17%
Blue 91 50.8% 48%
Green 51 28.5% 29%
No officer 8 4.5% 6%
Total 179
Asylum on Andoria
Purple 21 16.5% 17%
Blue 67 52.8% 48%
Green 33 26.0% 29%
No officer 6 4.7% 6%
Total 127
Asylum on Vulcan
Purple 12 12.2% 17%
Blue 56 57.1% 48%
Green 25 25.5% 29%
No officer 5 5.1% 6%
Total 98
Asylum Vulcan/Earth/Andoria Combined
Purple 62 15.3% 17%
Blue 214 53.0% 48%
Green 109 27.0% 29%
No officer 19 4.7% 6%
Total 404

Wouldn't you agree something is not right?
Captain
# 10
05-30-2013, 09:13 PM
So I'm going to change my complaint here a bit. Asylum on Earth and Andoria are working as intended since 16.5% rounds out to 17%, but the Vulcan one is still getting crits at a percentage closer to using Pudo or Doza on Asylum on Tellar Prime (12%).