Career Officer
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 210
# 1 Tribble won't start for me
04-25-2013, 03:25 PM
I have been trying to access the Tribble server for a few days and every time it freezes, the other servers work, Holodeck and Redshirt as well as all the other games I play but Tribble seems to not want to work

IT keeps telling me:

Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connext to Patch Server: The Connection was idle for too long

Last edited by kitsune424; 04-25-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 134
# 2
04-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Do you have the launcher set to quick-launch? Try changing that. That seemed to have been the problem for me in the past. Also, and forgive me for asking, are you sure it freezes, and not patching? If you're not on Tribble often, it might have to download a substantial patch.
Career Officer
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 210
# 3
04-25-2013, 03:36 PM
was just editting it when you posted sorry, but I had been away from STO for a little but cause I got caught up in Champions Online
Career Officer
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 210
# 4
04-25-2013, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richarddover View Post
Do you have the launcher set to quick-launch?
did you mean set it to quick launch? or turn it off?

thing is I use the ARC platform to launch my Perfect World games

OK I checked my Task Manager, the game isn't 'freezing' per-say, as it is still using about 25% of my processing power, but it still does not show my game, At all

Last edited by kitsune424; 04-25-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 134
# 5
04-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
did you mean set it to quick launch? or turn it off?

thing is I use the ARC platform to launch my Perfect World games

OK I checked my Task Manager, the game isn't 'freezing' per-say, as it is still using about 25% of my processing power, but it still does not show my game, At all
First, I'd suggest running the launcher directly instead of with ARC.
Second, if you do use quick-launch, turn that off. If you don't use quick-launch, turn it on. In my experience, though random it may seem, it has helped.
Career Officer
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 210
# 6
04-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richarddover View Post
First, I'd suggest running the launcher directly instead of with ARC.
Second, if you do use quick-launch, turn that off. If you don't use quick-launch, turn it on. In my experience, though random it may seem, it has helped.
OK I will try to run it without ARC, but for some reason when I try to do that the launcher gets stuck on the patching part

this is getting frustrating
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 25
# 7
04-25-2013, 03:58 PM
I've been having a similar issue. The crash data says:

ERROR: DV: Unable to find patchxfer.log

could these two occurances be related?
Vice Admiral Onyx Corvoe
----------U.S.S. Bandersnatch---------
Chimera Class Heavy Destroyer
"Bander"-Leader. "snatch"-To Kill
"The Jaws that Bite, the Claws that Catch"
Career Officer
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 210
# 8
04-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincorvoe View Post
I've been having a similar issue. The crash data says:

ERROR: DV: Unable to find patchxfer.log

could these two occurances be related?
Oh it's not the game thats got me upset please if I wanted I could just go on Holodeck or Redshirt, no I just don't like it when something doesn't work

OOPS XD I thought your sig was actually part of your response XD


and as for the patchxfer I wouldn't know I just deleted the game and I am reinstalling it without ARC maybe then it'll work

Last edited by kitsune424; 04-25-2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: oops XD
Career Officer
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 210
# 9
04-25-2013, 05:25 PM
OK it reached the Cryptic page now to wait for it to finish loading
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 134
# 10
04-25-2013, 05:29 PM
fingers crossed.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:02 AM.