Ensign
# 1 Romulan TOS
04-26-2013, 01:22 AM
First off, let me say that the new Romulus Chapter looks great and I can not wait to play it full time. I have a question thou. In the original series there was an episode where the Romulan's had surrounded the Enterprise with three battle warbirds. These Ships looked a lot like the Klingon D7 Battle Cruiser's, only a slight difference in design.

I am wondering if we are going to see this ship later on? It would make a nice tier 3 ship besides the bird of prey. Also it would make a nice addition for the "yesterday's enterprise" chapter, especially if it is done like the Klingon story was with the two ships.

Also will there be a TOS uniform? There was two different ones.
Career Officer
# 2
04-26-2013, 01:59 AM
There are screenshots of a TOS uniform someone took when his character creator bugged out, it's probably going into the C-Store. So far there's no Romulan D7, in Temporal Ambassador you get the ship of your allied faction (would be problematic anyway since the Klingon D7 is T2.)
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Captain
# 3
04-26-2013, 02:03 AM
You can basically get a K-R by choosing to align with KDF.
Republic Veteran
# 4
04-26-2013, 02:46 AM
I don't expect a KR to happen, it would be awkward since the Romulans haven't had the Alliance with the Klingons since around Kirks time.

Plus if they added it to the RR, it would mean you could fly a Klingon ship on the Federation side, so no I really don't think its going to happen.
Survivor of Remus
# 5
04-26-2013, 03:25 AM
The D7 class battle cruiser was a 23rd century warship originally designed and used by the Klingon Imperial Fleet, before being shared with the Romulan military during the late-2260s.

this shows the two sides had shared ship as well as tech. so for the Romulan could like the Romulan Bird-of-Prey. have built a lot. so for todays Romulans to use some of there older d7's would be ok.
Career Officer
# 6
04-26-2013, 03:40 AM
Those specific TOS episodes were:

Balance of Terror (Rom BOP destroying outposts at Neutral Zone)
The Deadly Years (Rom BOP and Commodore Stocker surrounded)
The Enterprise Incident (D7 ships - Kirk stealing Rom cloaking device)

All 3 episodes can be viewed in their entirety at startrek.com under the video section.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
04-26-2013, 03:40 AM
Still holding out hope for a K-R D7 varient. They're something quite unique, and would certainly be a "cool" extra for any KDF aligned Romulans. I fully intend to go with the KDF, for numerous reasons but this would be the icing on the cake. Unless they do it as a C-Store unlock down the road however it will be relegated to a Tier 3 ship since we can not pilot the Tier 5 or higher ships of that faction.

I am pretty gutted that Branflakes said there is no T'Liss option for the T'Varo. Since the D7 is available all the way up to Fleet level it seems strange. The reasons given for no Tier 5 Constitution were that it was a hero ship and would always be associated with the Enterprise. The TOS warbird is a classic design, and most certainly NOT a hero ship... The fact the T'Varo's console is a complete cut and paste of the TOS ships weaponry makes it even worse.

One very sad TOS fan here .
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Captain
# 8
04-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
I am pretty gutted that Branflakes said there is no T'Liss option for the T'Varo.
As far as ship skins go, that's a travesty.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
# 9
04-26-2013, 11:33 AM
The only thing different about the Romulan use of the Klingon D-7 was in the remastered version of The Enterprise Incident. Where the bottom of the main hull now displayed the same Bird of Prey seen on their own starship design. In all other ways, the model was identical.

Basically, all we need is a unique skin Type to unlock the bird for the D-7. Equip plasma weapons on it and voila! Maybe a Subcommander mission accolade could unlock it?

A KDF-aligned Romulan would need
to reach Subcommander and choose the D7 for free instead of a Romulan design. Of course, for endgame play Romulan's can't use the KDF ships at all. It would be up to the Devs to offer a Romulan Stormbird (or whatever they would call it) for Romulan player's. Otherwise, we get stuck with the limited slots of a T3 starship for T5 gameplay.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Republic Veteran
# 10
04-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post

A KDF-aligned Romulan would need
to reach Subcommander and choose the D7 for free instead of a Romulan design. Of course, for endgame play Romulan's can't use the KDF ships at all. It would be up to the Devs to offer a Romulan Stormbird (or whatever they would call it) for Romulan player's. Otherwise, we get stuck with the limited slots of a T3 starship for T5 gameplay.
i dont think you can choose allied faction ships as your free level up ship unless its changed since i last played the beta stuff, i was stuck using romulan vessels as my free ships and the allied ships cost dilithium.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.